The Storm

In the candle lit office of Albus Dumbledore, the elderly Wizard clutched the ruined diary of Tom Riddle, "I knew these objects were powerful. But until tonight I had no idea just how powerful.

"And the ring?" Harry asked, glancing to the professors hand.

"Belonged to Voldemort's mother," he said, "Difficult to find, even more difficult to destroy.

Harry's nervousness was betrayed by a slight stutter, "But if you could find them all, if you did destroy each horvrux-"

"One destroys Voldemort," Albus interrupts, attempting to hide the trace of hope that sparked within.

"But how would you find them? They could be hidden anywhere." Harry breathed.

"True," Dumbledore agreed, "But magic, especially dark magic--" Dumbledore spins the ring, unleashing a torrent of dark visions. Harry stares up at Dumbledore as he finishes his statement, "Leaves traces."

Harry's eyes brightened with excitement, "Rosalie," he gasps, "Rosalie can sniff them out like a blood hound!" Harry turns to rush to the door.

Dumbledore stops him, "No, Harry," he called out, "it must be you. I have an inkling on where to start."

Harry froze, turning to face Dumbledore for a tense, quiet moment, "It's where you've been going, isn't it, Sir? When you leave the school?"

"Yes," He admits, "And I think perhaps I may have found another. But this time I cannot hope to destroy it alone. One again, I must ask too much of you, Harry."

◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇

Rosalie could tell the next evening, by the behavior of the Boy who Lived and his mentor, something was terribly off. That's why she found herself heading up the Astronomy Tower in the dimming evening light. She passed Severus, who did not even acknowledge her was he stormed down the stairs, cape flowing dramatically behind him.

She paused for a moment, glancing in bewilderment over her shoulder as his dark form descended.

She shrugged, dismissing his behavior as the potions masters typical dramatics, and continued accending.

As she approached the top of the stairs, she over heard the last few sentences of a conversation between the objects of her suspicion.

"I thought you couldn't Apperate in Hogwarts, Sir," Harry asked.

"Well, being me has its privileges," Dumbledore chuckled.

A loud crack resounded, and Rosalie through herself up the last few steps. As she feared, the boy and the Professor were gone. And somehow she knew- this was the night that she had been fearing. She began to fear that Albus would not return to the castle again, atleast not alive.

She decided to raise the alarm.

◇◇◆◇◇◆◇◇◆◇◇◆◇◇◆◇◇◆◇◇◆◇◇

The members of the Order of the Pheonix, as well as Xavier, Sebastian, and Ominis gathered in the Room of Requirement only an hour after Rosalie had witnessed Dumbledore and Potter leave. 

"If Dumbledore feared something would happen, he would have warned us," Remus layed a hand on Rose's shoulder in an attempt to calm her.

"I'm inclined to align with Lupin, as rare as that may be," Snape drawled, clearly bored.

Rosalies eyes, ones that held a barley restrained fury and madness, locked onto the man, flickering blue for the briefest of moments, "Funny you should be saying anything, Snivelous," she recalled the name that Sirius had once told her, "Considering I passed you on the way into the astronomy tower. Did you send them away? Clearing the castle for your little death eater buddies?"