Return to Hogwarts

Molly Weasley had called Lupin and Moody to travel out and take care of the bodies in the woods, and when they returned after nightfall Lupin's face was grim.

The family was spread throughout the house doing their own thing, and Lupin found the Slytherin Trio, Bill and Mrs. Weasley all relaxing in the living room.

"Goodness Remus, you've been out there for a bit. Come, sit and I'll make you tea." She said, jumping from her chair.

"No no Molly. It's quite alright. I was hoping Rosalie would step outside with me for a minute." Remus politely refused Molly's offers, glancing behind her to where Rosalie was curled up into Bill's side.

"Oh, sure." She smiled at the man, noting when the gesture was not returned. She wordlessly and wandlessly summoned a sweater, throwing it on over her tank top. Despite only being late Summer, the air chilled considerably after the sun set.

To Rosalie's surprise, Remus didn't stop immediately outside of the house. Instead continuing out to the garden.

He stopped, hands in his pocket and eyes staring up to the sky- as if opting to study the stars instead of look at the young Slytherin when she heard what he had to say. "The two Snatchers you encountered in the woods," his voice was quiet. Rosalie was unsure if it was due to his apparent reluctance to speak, or not wanting to be heard. "They were dead, alright. One had his neck snapped, but the other..." his voice trailed off, and finally his eyes fall to Rose's face, "The other man was dismembered."

It was Rosalie's turn to look at the sky, "Oh dear, how gruesome. Maybe a pack of dark mongrels got to him after we escaped." She had hoped he'd believe her and move on with the topic. Unfortunately, the mere fact they were having this conversation made her know better than that.

"Rosalie, 'Dark Mongrels' haven't been around for decades." Lupin rubbed his hand over his eyes and pinched the bridge of his nose, "You lost control."

Rosalie scoffed, "Unfortunately, I was very much in control of what I was doing."

"Rosie, you can't do things like that. You-" he spoke with a gentle yet exasperated tone.

"Do what Remus? They were going to kill us! Bill was unconscious, I was bleeding out." Rosalie shouted. One thing she always hated was when people questioned the things that she has done. The things she had to do. They weren't her, they didn't understand.

"You dismembered a man, Rosalie Wayland Sharp!" Any calmness left his voice as it rose, "When you do violent things like that, it makes you no better than them!"

Behind them, the faint sound of the screen door closing rang out followed by the down of 3 pairs of footsteps quickly approaching. The pair didn't pay them any mind, instead kept arguing.

"No better than them? No better than them?" Rosalie laughed in utter disgust, "You people didn't bring us here to be better than them. You brought us here to be weapons! Who gets mad at a sword when it cuts someone!"

The approaching footsteps stopped a few meters back, leaving Bill, Ominis and Sebastian standing just far enough away to not be brought into the conversation.

Lupin saw them, yet payed them no mind as he continued to shout, "You may be a 'weapon', but you have a conscience."

"A conscience? Do the deatheaters have a conscience? Did the dark lord have a conscience when he slaughtered Lily and James, Lupin? Did Bellatrix have a conscience when she murdered Sirius right infront of Harry and I?" Tears began to fall from her eyes, highlighted by the sparkle of blue in the snake on her arm- yet she continued, "Why do they get to kill us, and we are just expected to sit around and let it happen?"