A Bit Of Peace

For one of the first times since Rosalie was in that carriage so long ago, there was peace. Harry unfortunately had to return to his aunt and uncles, and Hermione returned to the burrow in the middle of summer after a short stay back with her parents. The house itself was full, with all of the Weasleys- minus Percy and Charlie - staying home, mainly at Mrs. Weasleys behest. The outside world wasn't friendly at the moment, but the Burrow?

The Burrow was heaven, especially to the three Slytherins who never quite experienced a home life like this. Rosalie actually found herself wishing that after all was said and done, she could stay.

As the days went on, Sebastian, Ominis, and Rose all fell into a comfortable groove. Almost every evening, you could find Ron, Ginny, and Sebastian out in the garden playing quidditch. Ominis could either be found studying with Hermione or baking with Mrs. Weasley. As for Rose, she liked to spend some time alone- but overall would end up hanging out with the twins. Bill usually hoped between groups, depending on what he felt like.

The second full day at the Burrow, Rosalie lay in her room- her boys were outside, Seb playing quidditch with Bill, Ron and Ginny- Hermione and Ominis sitting on a blanket pouring over books on the Dark Arts.

Rose was so engrossed in her book- she had found it on Charlie's shelf. It was by a muggle author named Stephen King that she didn't even notice the twins enter the room.

"Whatcha reading?" George's voice came from right beside her ear, startling her.

"Assholes!" She squealed, throwing the book at them, which George dodged, allowing it to hit Fred.

"Oi, what was that for! It was George that scared you!" Fred complained, rubbing his arm where the book made contact.  His eyes trailed to the book now strewn on the floor, "It? No wonder you're jumpy."

"Oh shush," Rose rolls her eyes, sitting up, "What do you two want anyway?"

George holds out a hand to help her stand from the bed, "You were in here all alone. We figured we should grace you with our presence."

Rosalie takes his hand, standing and stretching, "I suppose we could do something. What do you two have in mind?"

Fred and George smiled at each other, for once without a trace of mischief. George was the first to speak, "If we take you to Diagon Alley to show you something, do you solemnly swear to not tell a soul?"

Looking at their faces, Rose finds something she had never before seen on them - complete seriousness. She holds up a pinky, "I swear."

They wrap their own pinkies around hers and break out with grins. Fred was the first to speak, "Righty then, I'll go tell mum that we are running to Diagon Alley to show you the newest brooms. I'll meet you two there." Fred apperated out of the room, and George turned towards her - offering his arm, "Shall we, Miss Wayland?"

I take his arm and smile at him, "We shall."

We land on the cobblestone street of Diagon Alley, and Rose dizzily takes in her surroundings. She didn't recognize the building we stood in front of at all.

A snap sounded from beside her as Fred appeared, "Welcome, my dear, to Weasley's Wizard Wheezes."

Roses eyes widen in shock, "You boys bought a building?"

They smiled proudly, and Fred opened the door, gesturing for the girl to enter. Inside, a boy with dark skin wearing ridiculously bright trousers and a black button-up stood on a ladder, waving his wand and guiding various prank merchandise onto shelves and tables.

Behind Rose, George called out, "Oi! Lee!"

The stranger turned to face u and smiled brightly, before apperating right in front of the trio, "Hey jackasses, about time you show up to pull your weight around here!" He playfully punched George in the arm, causing him to dramatically stumble backward. His eyes fell to Rose, and he grinned, holding out a hand, "And who might this lovely young woman be?"

Rose places her hand in his, blushing as he softly kisses it. Fred, on the other hand, is having none of it. He swats away Lee's hand, "This is our friend Rosalie. We can't divulge how we know her, so don't ask. Actually, if anyone ever asks, you have no clue she exists. Rose, this is our dear friend, Lee Jordan."

Rose smiles, "Pleasure to meet you, Lee."

George grabs her arm and pulls her away, "Comeon, I'll give you the grand tour."

The boys show Rosalie around, divulging into the story of how they came to own the building- Harry's generous donation.

"As the last part of our tour, check out Lee's fit. That's the uniform." Fred gestured to Jordan, who began to strut around and strike poses. Rosalie tries her best to hide her disgust at the bright orange slacks.

"Very, uh, unique." She offers with a smile. "Anyway, we are here. Why don't we help poor Lee here out?"
◇◇◆◇◇◇◆◇◇◇◆◇◇◇◆◇◇◇◆◇◇◇◆
They returned to the burrow after a few hours, and Rose went straight to her room to write a note,

"Hey Tonks,

You had mentioned before that I 'wouldn't be missing the Galleons' you had retrieved from my vault...

There's no easy way to ask this, but I assume that is because I have died by this point in the future? If that is the case, do I happen to have any family left that is dependent on the money?

Anyway, enough dark questions. I hope you lot are doing well, and I hope to see you soon.

With love,
Rosie."

She opened the window and whistled, hoping to Merlin that Bill or Ron's owl comes instead of Errol. Luckily, Pig lands on her windowsill, vibrating with pure excitement. "Here you go, you crazy little creature. Take this to Tonks and Lupin."

The owl lets out an excited squeak, clearly meant to be a normal 'hoo', and takes off into the setting sun.

From downstairs, Mrs. Weasley' voice calls out, "Dinners ready!"

Rosalie can't help but smile,
feeling, for the first time in her life, completely at home.
______________________________________
A/n: Hey friendos. So I've decided to start writing from different first-person POV's as well as 3rd, depending on what the story seems to need.