Holy Shit

The Gryffindor trio ran to Ominis as well as they started to hear him groan. The woman in the portrait had said that Ominis was like Rosalie. How is that possible? How could they not have known.?

"His eyes," Hermione gasped as the milky blue eyes of the boy fluttered open and glowed lightly. She hadn't noticed, however, that they had immediately glued themselves onto Rosalie.

Ominis said nothing, instead reaching a hand up to cress Rosalies face. It was covered in black dust and flecks of blood that Harry had suspected was her own- he assumed that the giant stone monster didn't bleed. If it did there would be much more of a mess in here. Tears cut clear pathways down her cheek as she leaned into Ominis's hand. His eyes flicked to something on the ground by Rose and his hand dropped from her cheek and reached towards it.

To everyone but Ominis and Rosalie, there was nothing there- though context clues suggested he was seeking traces of ancient magic. He picked it up, and the pair watched as it swirled and quickly absorbed into his skin. All the others saw out of the ordinary was a flash of blue in his eyes before they returned to normal.

"You can fucking see." Sebastian's matter of fact comment broke the silence. Disbelief laced through his voice like thread in a seam.

"He is also a powerful ancient magic wielder," Niamh interjected, clearly seeing that fact as the most important.

Sebastian, still kneeling beside Ominis, looks up to face the portraits, and begins laughing maniacally, "Who gives a shit? He can see!"

Sebastians joy was contagious, quickly spreading not only through the Slytherins, but the Gryffindors as well.

Ominis looked at Sebastian, his oldest friend and laughed along side him, "You are somehow uglier than I had pictured."

The laugher grew, the relief that the boy had survived the explosion and the amazement that he could see, nevermind the powers he apparently possessed had taken an emotional toll on everyone.

Another voice cut through the laughter, "What in Merlins name is all of that ruckus?"

Rosalie turned away from her friends, her laughter dying in her throat. Professor Rackham had entered is frame, looking towards them. She walked down the stairs and crossed the hard glass-like floor. She had noticed her friends had gone silent, and had she not charmed her boots, she knew the sound of her footsteps would echo.

"Young Rosalie," Rackham looked down at her in disbelief. "How can it possibly be? Last we saw you was, what? 100 years ago?"

"Something like that, I'm sure Professor." Rosalie spoke politely but with a certain air of authority.

"How is it possible?" Niamh asked. Rosalie had always liked Niamh, she treated her as an equal after she had proven herself.

"It is a story that I fear I have no time to tell. Let us just say the Room of Requirement truly goes to great lengths to deliver."

Rackham looks as if he is about to say something, but he doesn't. Instead, Niamh speaks, "Very well. What brings you to us, child?"

Rosalie bit back a retort at being called child, opting instead to just get to the point, "Before you had provided a map of ancient hotspots across the Highlands. I need another one, this time of all of the United Kingdom."

"Whatever for?" Rackham questioned, slight indignation in his voice.

Before Rosalie could argue, Niamh speaks, "Some questions are not ours to have answers to, Percival. We are no longer the Keepers, Miss Wayland is." Niamh seems to put her metaphorical foot down.