The Storm pt. 2

Warning: non-canon character death.

◇◇◆◇◇◆◇◇◆◇◇◆◇◇◆◇◇◆◇◇◆◇◇

Sorrow- sorrow is the only emotion that Rosalie had dwelled in so much that she was numbed to it.

Seeing her oldest friend be slaughtered by someone who was meant to be an ally? Hearing the hollow thud as his body his the ground below? There was no sorrow as she wailed. No- her soul could no longer understand it. Only anger- pure righteous and unbridled.

The first wail was haunting, echoing through the could night like the call of a banshee.

The second, when it came as sounds of fighting began below, was accompanied by a pulse. A pulse of magic so strong that the castle itself shuttered.

Harry stumbled back, now in control of himself- yet no fear graced his face.  Again, she wailed- releasing a blast of ancient magic stronger than than the last.

Harry realized, while he watched the girl on her knees, what exactly she was doing- only as her eyes flung open, revealing that deep glowing red. She had tunneled into the Repository magic

"Run," she said to Harry with that powerful voice- the one that wasn't quite her own, "Try to remain unseen, the rest of us will take care of it."

She stood leaving their hiding place. She had shrugged off the sleeves that had hidden her glowing tattoo. Harry said nothing, opting to follow her.

As they raced down the stairs, they found themselves leaping over body after body- relieved to see mainly death eaters.

The pair reached a hall where they heard fighting, and she turned to the boy, "Get to Minerva."

And she was gone.

◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇
Screaming. Screaming is all she could hear as she entered the brunt of the battle.

To her right, Remus and Tonks fought 5 masked death eaters, slowly being backed into a corner. To her left, Bill and Charlie were battling Fenrir Greyback.

She had to make a choice, had to help one of them. Bill and Charlie seemed to be holding their own- and Tonks and Lupin...

Rosalie ran towards the couple. She couldn't risk using her lightning- couldn't risk hitting either of them. She took a deep breath in, and speared out whips of her magic.

The one of the crimson tendrils speared a death eater at the base of his skull, fraying into bits throughout his body- grabbing his magic and absorbing it into itself. To the others, one moment the man was fine, the next his eyes rolled into his head behind the mask as he crumpled to the floor. His body lifeless.

The distraction was all Tonks and Lupin needed, as they took the moment of hesitation to stun the other masked figures.

Rosalies magic, or rather the magic that dwelled within her, delved into their bodies, taking and absorbing.

She whirled when she heard one of the Weasley boys scream, turning to see Charlie jumping infront of Bill- taking the blow of claws straight to his face. A blow that was meant for Bill.

Charlie fell to the ground, unmoving. Fenrir advanced on Bill, dodging the magical blows Bill dealt at him as he backed away.

It all happened too quick- too quickly for her reach Bill, to quickly to cast. There was no time- nothing she could do but scream as the lupintine man lunged forward and skewered Bill's chest with clawed fingers. Nothing she could do as Bill slumped to the floor with a gaping hole in his chest where his heart should be. A heart that was now in the hand of Greyback- who grinned at her with pointed teeth, then dissapeared into a cloud of darkness.

Around her the battle went quiet as she ran, the burst of ancient magic moving her so fast it looked as if she teleported to Bill's side.

She knelt to the ground, cradling him to her chest and screamed.
◇◇◆◇◇◆◇◇◆◇◇◆◇◇◆◇◇◆◇◇◆◇◇

Ominis and Sebastian battled their way to through the halls, searching for Rosalie.

Body after body dropped in their wake, Sebastian covering Ominis's back as the man sent out spears of his own magic to search for their girl.

"Anything?" Sebastian shouted over the din of battle.

"No,"  Ominis shook his head, but then his brows furrowed, "Wait. Yes... oh gods."

Ominis sprinted around the corner, Sebastian hot in his heels. Just in time.

They were just in time to see Rosalie holding her first loves lifeless body to her chest. Just in time for Ominis to see the thin red tendrils shooting back into her body dragging an unfathomable amount of power into herself.

She screamed again, tear filled eyes opening to expose a glowing red so deep it appeared to be fire from hell itself. Her body started to glow, hair blowing in a phantom wind.

Around them, death eaters fled into the night sky. They were the lucky ones. Those who didn't flee in time disintegrated as one word, deafeningly loud shook the castle. One word that was in her voice, but laced with something far more powerful.

"Enough."

And then, she collapsed. Still holding Bill Weasley's lifeless body.
______________________________________
A/n: sorry.