August Ends

Rosalie's POV

"Mrs. Weasley! The damn gnomes have gotten into my Dittany plants again!" I yell as I shove open the kitchen door. Bill, Sebastian and Ominis all turn in my direction, away from the game they were playing at the kitchen table. Bill lifts an eyebrow and smirks as he takes in my dirt covered form.

Ominis scrunches his nose, "Something smells like earth."

Sebastian laughs, "That would by Rose, mate. She's absolutely filthy."

Mrs. Weasley quickly rounds the corner looking frazzled, "Whats the matter dear?"

I huff and gesture out the open door, where a group of garden gnomes have uprooted a sprig of Dittany and began using it as a jump rope, "How is a witch meant to stock up on potions when those fat little cretins keep uprooting all of my plants?" I huff, irritated. I swing around on the last word, blasting a basic spell at the little monsters. They just drop the Dittany sprig and scurry off into the underbrush.

Mrs. Weasley shakes her head and laughs at me, "I'm sure the Hero of Hogwarts can handle a gnome."

"Ma'am. Between the time I discovered the Wizarding World and getting brought to Hogwarts, so much happened that I hardly had the time to mind my school work, let alone garden pests."

"Oh very well, I'll have the boys help you out." She turned towards the stairs, "Fred! George!"

Within moments, Fred and George appear behind their mother, startling her. "Yes Mum?" The twins spoke in unison.

Poor Molly held her hand over her heart, attempting to recover from fright, "I swear. You two know you can walk places, right? Anyways, go help poor Rosie dear in the garden would you? She is struggling with the gnomes.

The boys grabbed my hands and pulled me back outside. George walked with me to the garden while Fred ran off to the shed where they stored quidditch equipment.

George stopped, plucking up a gnome, "So the basic move is to get them dizzy, then throw them as far away as possible." He explained, swinging the shrieking gnome in circles above his head, then tossed it into the neighboring meadow.

Fred appeared beside me, "Of course though, beyond the basic rules, we like to have fun with it." He handed me a small bat, "This is a Beater bat. It's use-"

I look at him in disbelief, "I'm aware what a Beater bat is, you goon."

Fred shrugged at me, "I wasn't sure if they had invented quidditch back in your day."

My eyes widen, "Merlin's beard, Weasley! Just how old do you think I am?!" I bend down, snatching up a gnome as it ran passed, and used the bat to whack the tiny creature towards Fred's face. He dodged it, looking at me in shock, "Oh, it's on!"

♡♡♥︎♡♡♥︎♡♡♥︎♡♡♥︎♡♡♥︎♡♡♥︎♡♡♥︎♡♡♥︎

Third Person POV

"What in Merlins name are they doing out there?" Ominis questioned, setting down his cards. The group of troublemakers outside began hooting and hollering about 5 minutes ago.

Sebastian glanced out the window and burst out in laughter at the scene. Rosalie was riding piggyback on one twin, swinging a gnome over her head like a lasso- they chased the other twin who was running for their life.

Bill smiled at the scene, relaying it to Ominis since Sebastian was too busy laughing. "She must be a handful back in your time," Bill sighed after narrating the scene.

Ominis chuckled, "You have no idea, Bill. She at one point had gotten 3 weeks of detention back to back because Headmaster Black didn't appreciate her wearing uniform trousers rather than skirts. After the third week, Black just gave up."