Chapter Nine

Diner

"Would it be crazy if I said something stupid, you would hit me with your crutches?" Cole asked.

Sammy took a bite of his chili dog and then smirked at Cole. "How much are we talking?"

"Fifty dollars." Jonathan said.

"Yeah what he said." I said.

"Mmh how about ninety dollars?" Gabriella asked.

"You are speaking my language now." Sammy said.

"Damn you guys are so fucking cruel." Cole said.

Everybody laughed and then continued to eat their food.

My phone buzzed so I grabbed it from the counter and tapped on the message that one of my friends texted.

Adrian:If you are free tomorrow can we talk?

Me:It depends but I will let you know.

Adrian:Okay

"You know what Justin we should set you up on a date." Cole said.

"I don't think that is necessary." I said.

"Why are you gay?" Cole asked.

"Come on there is no way Justin is gay or bisexual and if he was then we would accept him but honestly I have never seen him around with a guy romantically." Jonathan said.

I chuckled nervously. "Well I am not gay or bisexual if you are wondering and I am just taking a break from dating." I lied.

"It been three years you broke up with your girlfriend so how are you still-"

"Let's just talk about something else." I said quickly.

"Why do you seems so  nervous?"  Gabriella questioned.

I chuckled. " I am not nervous okay just shut it."

In the corner of my eyes, I could see Zeiden walking inside the diner and then was looking around for something until he smiled and is now walking towards to my table.

"Hey Gabriella." Zeiden said.

They know each other?

"Hey Zeiden it been a while since I saw you." She said.

Gabriella got up from her seat and then both of them hugged each other in a friendly way.

"Yeah I know but I just moved here couple weeks ago for college and other stuffs you know." He said.

Why do I am feeling jealous for no fucking reason?

Gabriella is straight and he is gay which she probably knows about so why the fuck would I be jealous?

"Kai told you I moved to California right?" Zeiden continued.

Sammy and Cole were both talking to each other about something while Jonathan texting someone and minding their business even though I feel like they are slightly eavesdropping.

"Yeah he did say you were moving but I thought it  was going to be next year." Gabriella said.

"Well it was but I changed my mind." Zeiden said with a smile on his face.

"It is good to see you here." She said.

I cleared my throat and both of them looked at me.

"You guys know each other?" I asked.

I don't know why it sound bitter but it wasn't meant to be though.

"I didn't know that you know Justin." Zeiden said.

"He is my cousin and same with the other three but how do you know Justin?" She questioned.

"I met him at college." He said.

Something about him smiling at me and making eye contact always makes me feel things that I can't even fucking explain at all.

"So Gabriella how do you know him?" I asked.

"He is a friend of Kai." She said.

Zeiden chuckled. "Come on don't act like we are not friends too when we are but anyway I need to meet someone that I was expecting to meet here so I hope I will see you again.

"Yeah me too."

They exchanged their goodbyes and I saw Zeiden walking to another booth and sat down to someone who I couldn't see but I could see him smiling like an love bird and his date leaned over to give him a kiss even though he feel uninterested during the whole thing.

I am not jealous and I can't be because one we aren't dating, two met like couple weeks ago, three; don't even have a crush on him and also I am still figuring myself out.

"Too bad he is gay and you are straight." Gabriella said.

"What do you mean?" I asked with a confused look on my face.

"I saw the way you two were looking at each other and it is kinda obvious but you have a things for girls and he have a thing for guys." Gabriella stated.

I chuckled. "I wasn't looking at him like whatever you thought it was."

"Yeah sure." She said and I rolled my eyes at her.

I looked back where Zeiden was and I could see that he was looking at me while his date was talking to him then he mouthed something which made me laughed quietly that no one around me heard.