Chapter Thirty One

A/N: This book is going to be finished this month, hopefully, it does.

Two weeks later

"Come in." I entered my agent's office to find him sitting on his desk, talking on his phone.

As soon as he saw me, Bryce got up from the table and then sat back down on his chair. "How can I assist you, Justin?" he asked.

Bryce Gardner has been my agent for a few months now. It will be interesting to see how long our partnership lasts if I decide not to pursue a professional soccer career. I recently found out that Bryce is around the same age as my cousin James, and they happen to be friends.

James introduced me to Bryce when I asked if he knew any sports agents that represent soccer players since James himself does not. James suggested Bryce as a friend who could help.

"I changed my mind." I said as I sat down.

"I'll inform them," Bryce says.

"I would like to pursue coaching as a profession."

Coaching is a good option, but sometimes you miss playing the game you love. Therefore, I hope I don't regret this decision.

Bryce gave me a quizzical look as if he was trying to comprehend. "So, if I understand correctly, you are interested in coaching instead of playing soccer?"

I stated firmly. "That's exactly right." There's no doubt in my mind about the accuracy of my statement.

"To be honest, you don't have much experience and you'll need to start slow before making your way to coaching in the big leagues. It's important to avoid making too many mistakes, but it's natural for mistakes to happen sometimes."

"Yes, I understand what you're saying, Bryce."

He nodded and began writing on a sticky note before handing it to me. "Stanford University is currently searching for an assistant coach for their soccer team, and I thought you would be perfect for the role. Here is the phone number and address you need to contact them."

"Thanks and wouldn't mind having an interview with them." I spoke.

"No problem, I will give them a call and inform that my client is interested in taking the interview for the job. I will still be your agent, so you don't have to worry about losing me," he assured.

"I laughed at his comment and replied, 'I wasn't planning to, man.'"

"Good to know."

**********

Library

Zeiden: Come over.

I was in the library working on my class project until a interesting text message pops up on my screen and it got me smiling like I was waiting for him to text me.

Me: Why?

Zeiden: Can a guy hang out with his boyfriend and besides I miss you so please come over.

Man, Zeiden is really something but I love him for his personality and maybe his looks as well.

Me: I am in the library so maybe around six I will be at your place :)

Zeiden: Okay can't wait to see you there ;)

I could hear footsteps approaching me, and I saw that it was Adrian.

"Hey Justin can we talk?" Adrian questioned.

I didn't want to talk to him, but he seemed like he had something important to say and wanted to share it with someone before it was too late.

"Sure what is it Adrian?" I asked.