Chapter Twenty

December 18th, 2014

"Hey Uncle Julio, can I ask you something?" I asked. 

"Yeah, what's up?" He questioned while popping a chip in his mouth.

"Have you ever kept a secret in your life before?"

He didn't say anything but looked at me for a few minutes before saying something.

"Yeah, but that was in the past." Uncle Julio said.

"How bad-"

He cuts me off.

"You don't need to know but it wasn't that bad."

"Okay so anyway I am seeing this person and we are going on a first date on Sunday but I want to do it privately then letting people know about it."

I am not saying I don't want to be seen with Zeiden in public, but it is just that I am afraid that someone I know would find out and tell everybody else.

No one expect Gabriella knows that I am a bisexual so if they see me with him and I just know they will question me about it.

"Does the girl want that?"

"Well we haven't talk about that yet." 

"What I would do is keep it private until you are ready."

"Yeah maybe but have you done that before?"

"Private nah but a serious relationship never  happened before Cindy came into my life."

"Crazy how it took until your late thirties to settle down." I mumbled.

"Hey I heard that."  Uncle Julio said.

************

"Hey man are you busy on Sunday?" Jonathan asked as he entered my room.

I looked up from my phone and then opened my mouth to say something. "Yeah I am busy but why do you ask?" 

"I was just wondering if you want to go to the Strike Zone Sports Bar on Sunday but where are you going?" He questioned.

"I have a date with this girl that I know from college." I said.

Instead of a girl, it is a guy that I have a date with but I am not telling him that.

He smiled at me and I mentally rolled my eyes at him. "Aww my brother finally going back to the dating world."

I chuckled. "Yeah it is great." Hopefully it doesn't end bad because I might regret it even though I don't want to at all.

"So Justin what is her name?" 

"Harmony that is her name and she is friends with Gabriella." I lied.

Jonathan looked at me with a confused expression on his face. "I didn't know she had a friend named Harmony."

She doesn't at all and if she did then I wouldn't be in this fucking mess right now.

"Well, she does and I told Gabriella to set me up with her." I lied again.

Man I am going to be dead if he asks her about this.

"Weird because Gabriella never sets up her friends with her male cousins and I know that since I tried convincing her to give me one of her friends' numbers, but she kept saying no so I gave up" He said.

Yeah that is true because he kept annoying her about it.

"I guess I am a lucky person Jonathan."

************

Sunday

"This is a nice restaurant." I said as we both sat in our seats.

"Yeah I just wanted to take you to a place where both of us would like it." Zeiden said with a smile on his face.

"Someone helped you didn't they?" I asked.

He chuckled." What do you mean?"

"You look nervous like you don't really want to mess this date up." I said.

"Yeah I didn't want to at all because I really like you and I don't want to ruin that at all."

"Yeah me too Zeiden."