Chapter 56-60

Chapter 56: Snatching prey

A month passed in the blink of an eye. During this period, it rained several times and the weather became obviously colder. The lush trees in the forest were all dyed yellow by the autumn colors, and the autumn mood was visible to everyone.

  In the morning, before Tan Xiaoshi woke up, Hill got up. He helped Tan Xiaoshi tuck the animal skin quilt, and then quickly kissed her on the face before turning into a lion and running away.

  Locke glanced at Hill coldly with half-open eyes, then closed his eyes and continued to sleep.

  As the weather gets colder, Hill stores food faster. With the addition of a female and a male this year, Hill has to save several times the amount of food.

  Nonetheless, Hill was happy.

  Locke will hibernate in a while, and then only he and Tan Xiaoshi will be left.

  He hasn't been alone with Xiaoshi for a long time, maybe they can get married!

  The more Hill thought about it, the more excited he became, and he felt energetic even when he hunted prey.

  The yellow lion figure lurks in the grass. Then, he suddenly leaps up and pounces on his prey.

  However, another lion got up almost at the same time as him. Hill bit the prey before him, and the lion also bit the prey.

  Hill looked at the lion and shook the prey hard, but the lion still didn't let go.

  "Ouch!" Hill warned.

  The lion also bared its sharp teeth at him, obviously not giving in.

  It was a level three lion beast, belonging to another tribe.

  Hill would not give in and shook the dead prey hard.

  But at this time, the lion suddenly let go of its mouth and rushed directly towards Hill.

  Hill dodged quickly, then threw away the prey neatly and pounced on the lion.

  The two lions tore into each other in an instant. Although Hill was not as strong as the lion that day, he had a lot of ferocity and did not suffer any losses.

  Especially since he has fought against Locke a lot these days, he has learned a lot about actual combat skills.

  When the two lions separated, both of them were injured, but Hill became more and more excited as they fought. What he needs now is this kind of tempering!

  The lion seemed not to have expected that he would be injured like this by Hill, and looked at Hill with shock and a bit of resentment in his eyes.

  "Ouch!" Hill kicked the ground a few times with his paws, wanting to fight again.

  And the lion was so angry that a fight was about to break out.

  At this time, several wolf howls were heard in the distance. The lion looked at Hill and seemed a little unwilling, but still ran in the direction of the sound.

  Hill blew out a few puffs of hot air, then picked up the prey and returned home.

  Entering the yard, Hill put down his prey and then turned into a human form, with excitement still on his face.

  Tan Xiaoshi had just gotten up. Seeing Hill's injuries, she hurriedly asked, "Are you fighting again?"

  Hill was really keen on fighting during this period.

  He smiled brightly and put on the animal skin skirt. "In the woods, I encountered an orc from another tribe competing for prey with me, and he was a level three beast, but he didn't take advantage of it." Tan Xiaoshi rolled her eyes at him, although The orc's healing ability is very good, but he is injured every few days, which is a waste of herbs!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 57: Hill is about to collapsed

The first snow of winter began to fall one after another. The snowflakes were so big that it only fell for a while before the whole world turned silver-white.

  Tan Xiaoshi was exercising in the yard wearing a long coat and trousers made of animal skin.

  Generally, the female will not come out to move around at this time. Females have weaker bodies and may suffer from frostbite or even death if frozen. Therefore, when the cold season comes, the male will completely protect the female, fearing that the female will make a mistake.

  But talking about Xiaoshi is different.

  Although she looks smaller than the average female, her body is very strong.

  Although the weather was cold at this time, she felt that her whole body warmed up once she started exercising.

  When she was in the army, she spent a lot of time training or performing missions outside in the winter, so she really couldn't do it if she had to stay in the house all the time.

  Hill squatted aside and watched Tan Xiaoshi practice boxing. A layer of snowflakes fell on his whole body, like a snowman.

  After Tan Xiaoshi practiced for a while, she turned around, but saw no one from Hill, so she thought Hill had already entered the house. However, when she took a closer look, she saw a pair of yellow eyes looking at her with embarrassment.

  "Hahaha..." Tan Xiaoshi laughed.

  The yellow eyes blinked, and then the "snowman" stood up and shook off the snow.

  Tan Xiaoshi stepped forward and helped Hill sweep the snow off her head, but she still kept laughing.

  Hill's face turned red when she smiled, and her furry lion ears were exposed.

  "Come inside quickly. It's cold outside. It's bad if you get cold." Hill said.

  Tan Xiaoshi also swept the snowflakes off her body and said, "It's getting late. I'm going to eat meat and stir-fried bamboo shoots tonight."

  Because Tan Xiaoshi likes to eat vegetarian food, Hill also saved some bamboo shoots for her.

  "Okay." Hill smiled and seemed to be in a good mood.

  Tan Xiaoshi entered the house, looked at the empty stone house, and thought of Locke again.

  Locke hibernated half a month ago, and I don't know where he is now.

  Locke said he wouldn't go far and was right next to her, so she guessed Locke was in the tribe.

  By this time, the snow had stopped, and Hill started to fry the meat in a pot. While frying the meat, he also grilled the meat and red fruits.

  He quickly prepared dinner, and it was already dark by the time the two of them finished eating.

  Sitting in the dark stone house, Tan Xiaoshi suddenly thought of modern electric lights.

  Orcs can see at night, but she can't. When the weather warms up, she should study oil lamps.

  Hill entered the house, brought in a brazier and placed it next to the nest.

  Soon, Tan Xiaoshi felt the heat. She stretched and lay down.

  Hill also climbed into the nest, and then naturally held Tan Xiaoshi in his arms.

  Tan Xiaoshi didn't move. Hill's body was indeed warm. Even if she didn't need to be held by Hill at first, she would still be in Hill's arms when she opened her eyes every morning.

  Forget it, just hold it.

  Hill covered the two of them with the hides, and then the room fell silent.

  Tan Xiaoshi closed her eyes. Well, Hill was really too warm.

  Gradually, she felt a little sleepy and fell asleep.

  Hill hugged Tan Xiaoshi, feeling happy, but her body was tight.

  During this period, Tan Xiaoshi fell in love twice more, and each time he was extremely excited, but each time he endured it night after night.

  Well, smelling Tan Xiaoshi's fragrance, Hill felt like he was about to collapse...