PART ONE | Spasibo

Part Playlist:
Elliots Song - Kina Grannis
What Was I Made For? - Billie Eilish
Daylight - David Kushner
Vampire - Olivia Rodrigo
Bellyache - Billie Eilish

________________________________

"What did your mother always say, Katarina? Suck in that stomach." My father snapped at me from the drivers seat. "zapomni eto na etot raz"

When he spoke Russian, you knew he was frustrated.

"I will." I said quietly, making my brother check on me through his mirror in the passenger seat.

I looked away, watching out the window as we pulled up to a gas station in the city of Pittsburg. It was too early, but it was always like this competition days.

I didn't particularly want to be here anyway. Competition or not, it was never a nice outing with my father and brother.

"Your brother and I need the restroom. Fill it up." My father ordered.

"Now, Katarina!" My brother added, which made me shuffle out of my seat and outside.

I watched as they both walked away, leaving me by the car.

I was 22, by the way. Perfectly legal in every country to do what I wanted, and not be ordered around by my own family. But I still did it. I knew better than to talk back to any of them. Not to mention go against my faith.

I looked to the... the little door on the side of the car where I knew the gas went.

I'd never done this before in my life. My heart rate picked up, knowing if it's not done when they get back...

Some chatter about 10 feet away got my attention. It was a man getting out of the front of a black car, extremely tall and muscular. I was intrigued by his dark tattoos, and his long braids down his back. His voice was so deep. Flanking him were two other men, a bit shorter but both had tattoos and this aura about them that made me curious. The three of them walked inside the station together.

I went to turn around and inspect the hose and pump, but got distracted by a woman by that same car the males came from.

She was tall, muscular and tanned. Covered in beautiful blank ink and filling up the car. Her hair looked so soft, the way it was tucked behind her ears. She even had piercings that made me wonder.

The woman looked at me. "Something intriguing?" She asked, her voice deep and I think annoyed.

I looked to the pump.

I tried to find instructions as I picked the pump up. But I couldn't find any.

My head kept telling me to look back at the attractive woman. But I didn't. I don't even know what I'd say to her.

I don't get out much. If it's not someone at the studio, or home. I don't really talk to them. Even out for the odd dinner with father and brother, they always ordered my meal for me. Answered for me.

Nor would it ever be ok to tell my father and brother I found women and men attractive. It's against my faith and a sin. My father would never approve of that.

He would never approve of anyone. And that's a sin. He has to approve of him. And the ring on my finger, the promise I made to him would make sure I never was with someone before marriage.

I'd basically known since I was 15 if would be extremely difficult finding the right person for me. Because I was always drawn to the darker things. Tattoos. They were a sin, too.