PART THIRTY-FOUR | IT (part 2)

Part Playlist:
• Young and Beautiful - Lana Del Ray
• Chasing Pavements - Adele

______________________________

I didn't know whether I should follow her, try and talk to her or give up. Wait until she does.

Rhea was going through a cupboard in the hall, pulling out some extra pillows. Because she said she was sleeping on the couch...

"Rhea." I whispered from the other end of the hall. She looked at me. "I'm sorry that the night was ruined."

Rhea looked at the pillows in her hand, then back to me. "Yeah."

"I never meant to make this- make you upset." I got out. "Ollie is just a friend." I say, because I know she was probably most upset about that. Most hurt about that. "I'm sorry, I really should have come to you. Not to him. I didn't know what to do."

Rhea tweaked her lips in thought. "You should have. I really don't like knowing you confide in someone about your- about me, who you have to god damn make out with everyday."

Make out with? Everyday?

"That's not what we're doing, Rhea." I explain. "We haven't even read the scene, because we both don't want to do it."

Rhea swallowed and shut the cupboard, leaning on it and looking at me. She still had the pillows though.

I was still so far at the end of the hall.

"I know it was wrong to call him. I know that now." I told her. Rhea didn't say anything. "Please don't sleep alone." I whispered it.

Her eyes softened as she looked at me. "I don't want you in any danger, Kat. I don't know you're brother. I can't force you into not speaking to him, but-" she shook her head. "You shouldn't trust him so easily."

I nodded. "I get what you mean. I'm not going to be talking to him everyday or anything. He said if I ever need help, but, I don't right now."

"And if you did?" Rhea asked. "Would you go to him?"

I answered instantly. "I'd go to you." Rhea smiled a tiny but. Just a small amount.

She opened the cupboard, and started pulling the pillows back in. "Sorry, Kat. I was angry. I'm sorry about the things I said."

I started taking some steps towards her. "Rhea..." She shut the cupboard and looked at me, then at my hands. What I was holding in my two fingers at her.

"Kat..." Rhea whispered lowly, looking at the ring. "I don't know if we should now. It's-"

The ring I was holding in my fingers lowered a little. "I love you." I told her. I raised the ring again. Rheas eyes found mine. "I wasn't lying. I love you."

Rheas face turned gentle. Vulnerable. Careful. But she still didn't move.

So I decided to move.

So then she moved.

Meeting halfway in the hall, Rhea found my lips , grabbing my cheeks with one hand and closing my fist and the ring back inside my hand. I held her waist, meeting her kiss. "Take the ring." I whispered between a kiss. "It's yours." I tried to offer it to her again.

"After." Rhea quickly said, and made me put it back into my pocket, as she found my lips again. Threading her fingers through my hair.

The kiss was passionate and everything we needed right now.

I tugged on Rheas shirt and she knew what I wanted.

But she pulled back. Like she forgot something. "ya tebya lyublyu."
I love you...