PART TWENTY-FOUR | Enough

Part Playlist:
Shivers - Ed Sheeran
This Love - Maroon 5

____________________________

"Should I do something to warm up? Or maybe I should wear clothes I can dance in if he asks me to. Do you think he will ask me to dance?" I was asking Rhea all of this. "Or act? Sing? Should I warm up my vocal chords? Maybe he won't-"

"Kat!" Rhea grabbed me by the shoulders. "You'll be amazing. We can pack you a bag of clothes in case he does ask you to dance. That sound good?"

I nodded, and took a couple breaths.

Rhea kissed me on the temple and helped me pack a simple bag of some exercise clothes and shoes. Then I panicked a bit more about how I didn't have ballet shoes.

"Alright, Kat. Relax, we'll find a spot to buy a pair on the way. We're early anyway-"

"No, no." I shook my head. "I can't just buy and wear them, they take a while to be broken in." I told her quickly. Rhea looked to the wall, unsure of what to say next. I put my hands on my forehead and rubbed it. "Maybe I shouldn't have done this."

"No, Kat. Come on, you'll be fine. Georgina.. she" Rhea cleared her throat. "I already checked with Georgina about this guy, I wanted to make sure you'll be ok, she said he's lovely. One of the nicest men out there."

"Yeah?" I nodded. Then I smiled a little, feeling cared for, that she made sure this guy was nice. "Okay." I took a breath. "ty poluchil eto. vy mozhete sdelat' eto. ty uveren. ty velikolepen."
You got this. you can do this. you are confident. you are amazing.

"Kat... Please talk English to me." Rhea whispered and and put her hands softly on my cheeks, making me look into her eyes. "I worry when I don't know what you're saying."

"Sorry." I blinked. I looked into her blue eyes and they instantly calmed me. How warm they were. How soft. How loving. "Um- sorry, I was just. I talk Russian a lot when I'm upset or worried... or trying to calm down. Sometimes when I'm angry, I think I got it from my father." I rolled my eyes.

Rhea looked at me like she felt horrible for me. "Malysh, When you're upset, angry or worried, I want to know why and what you're feeling... and I can't know that when you're talking Russian, baby. Talk English... speak to me." Rhea brushed some of my hair to calm me and it did.

So much.

"Im fine." I relaxed into her and wrapped my arms around her back. Rhea put her arms around my neck, resting on my head.

"Are you sure? Is there anything I can do?" Rhea checked, not wanting to let me go.

"I'll be ok, we should go right?" I softly pulled back.

Rhea nodded. "Yeah." And she put a soft kiss on my lips before grabbing my hand.

But she kissed me now, and I wanted some more. She went to walk us out but I held her hand strongly. She looked back at me in concern. "Do we have time to kiss?"

Rheas eyes softened and she smiled. She looked at her watch, and her eyes sparkled. "2 minutes." She whispered and gently grabbed my cheeks and kissing me.

I wrapped my arms around her and kissed her back. My lips were a little sore from last night but I hardly cared. Because it was all new again. I wanted more.