PART THIRTY-FIVE | Sestra

Part Playlist:
• July - Noah Cyrus

_____________________________

I missed Rhea so much.

It'd only been a few days where she'd been gone for work, and I couldn't wait for her to come back tonight. Well... morning. She'd be getting home at like 5am, unfortunately.

Another unfortunately: Ollie was unwell and took the day off to recover. So I had to walk home. I attempted to call a taxi, but their wait time was longer than the hour walk itself. Rhea hated it, but I was messaging her as soon as I left.

I was through the middle of the city, when I got a chill down my spine.

I turned around, scanning the street I was on.

But there was nothing.

I went back to texting Rhea.

Kat: I'm doing fine, I promise 😚

Rhea: I'm worried. My flight is about to take off. Please. Please. Text me when you're home. I mean it 💗

Kat: Of course. Have a safe flight. I miss you and can't wait to see you. 😉

Rhea: 🌵

Kat: 🌶️

I think her flight took off because she didn't reply after that for a while.

I was only on the next street when I heard a car down the street, behind me. I looked but couldn't see it.

Until I saw it absolutely roaring around the corner and coming down the street I was on. Not just any car.

Fuck.

That was Sams Black jeep.

Fuck!

I rounded an alley quickly, sprinting down it and hoping he wouldn't come down.

Then the car turned into the alley.

I ran, leaving the alley on the other side of the street.

I had no idea what to do.

I didn't know where to go.

Shit!

My eyes found the building ahead of me... Tall and long, and I wondered if it would be open.

Seeing the lights turned off, I ran past it.

If you need anything, I'll be around.

Nik.

That's as the tallest building. I studied the road, and found the sign that said Queen Street. This was it.

I prayed that Nik was still here. Anyone. Anything at all. A place to hide.

The car turned onto my street from the alley, and I turned back, quickly yanking on that door which surprised me and opened.

My heart picked up as I found the elevator. But it was turned off...

How the fuck-

I searched the foyer and found the stairwell, running and yanking the door open. Behind me, the front door opened and I saw a small glimpse of Sam.

"Come back to me, wife!" He yelled.

Oh god.

I never ran and jumped quicker up flights of stairs. My thighs were burning, but I kept pushing. Especially when I knew Sam was catching up behind me.