PART FOUR | Sushi

Part Playlist:
Lost - Frank Ocean
Whataya Want From Me - P!nk
I Wanna Be Yours - Arctic Monkeys
Stay - Rihanna

____________________________

All morning I've been nervous.

I've just been sat against the wall of the studio, looking at the door and waiting for her to get here. All I knew is that I would see her, but I didn't know when.

I thought about texting her, but I didn't know if that was being too pushy.

And she said she had something for me. I really wanted to know what.

Trying to pass time, I looked at the skin on my arm. I was wearing a plain blue t shirt so the arm was bare. It looks so soft. So... boring. I really didn't feel like I had a personality at all. I didn't in particular want heaps of tattoos, but just, something. A new wardrobe, pair of shoes or hairdo. Something that made me stand out.

I stood up to the small kitchenette area, grabbing a water bottle from the fridge. I was starving. There was food here, but pre packed salads and hardly anything that filled me up. Nor anything that I actually enjoyed eating. So I sat back down tiredly. Tiredly... at 11am.

I didn't sleep well at all last night due the searing pain in my shoulder. The skin had bruised deeply, I didn't realise how badly until I dressed myself this morning.

I lifted my sleeve up to look at the bruise, lightly touching it and hissing.

Then the door knocked.

I got up so fast, stepping over quickly towards the door. I opened it and Rhea was there, smiling a little at me. She had on these loose black jeans with rips in the knees. A tight black top on. Her hair looked very soft and she looked so beautiful with no makeup on. I noticed the bag she had in her hand. "Hey, Kat." Rhea whispered, making my eyes snap to her blue eyes. "Come with me."

My eyes widened. "What? Where."

Rhea put a gentle hand my way. Did she want me to take it? "For lunch, Kat."

I shook my head and declined her with a hand out. "I can't go, Rhea."

"You want to." Rhea told me.

I shook my head again. "I don't have a key, Rhea. I can't leave here, not to mention my father would-"

"Forget about your father and what he wants you not to do. What's the worst that could happen if he finds out?"

Oh, if she knew...

I didn't answer so Rhea put her bag down and crossed her arms. "We can find something to leave the door open a little."

I shook my head. "Rhea, no. I don't want to. Sorry."

Rhea rubbed over her forehead in some annoyance and I felt pretty bad for making her feel like that. "Then I'll be back." And she turned around and walked away.

What?

She'll be back?

I slowly shut the door, unsure of what to even think about that interaction. Where was she going? Did I make her that upset and angry? Was she so annoyed at me she had to leave?

Carefully walking back to my spot, I sat down. I picked up the phone to start typing a text to Rhea. But then I deleted it, wrote another, debating whether or not I should press send.

Kat: Hey. I'm sorry if I upset you.

Then I deleted it, and started rewriting a new one.

Kat: You shouldn't have been so annoyed at me. It's really not my fault.