PART NINE | Sleeper

Part Playlist
Knee Socks - Arctic Monkeys
Nothing Ever After - Motionless In White
Slaughterhouse - Motionless In White

_____________________________

"Are you going to tell your father about him?" Rhea asked me, offering me a slice of cheese pizza.

I took it, stomach grumbling at the delicious greasy and cheesy smell. "I think I have to. He will know who it is, at least. I just don't know if he will tell me anything about him. Anyway, I'm going to talk to him about moving out tonight."

Rheas jaw twitched as she swallowed it. "Im really scared about that."

"Im not, so you shouldn't be." I replied, and it was half the truth and half a lie.

Rhea shook her head. "Ill be waiting upstairs for you. I'll come right away."

I smiled softly. "Thanks, but I would rather if you came over a little later."

"Why?" Rhea tilted her head at me.

I shrugged. "I don't want you to hear anything you don't want to."

Rhea put her piece of pizza down annoyed. "And you told me I have nothing to be scared."

I shrugged, knowing I just contradicted myself. "I don't know what's going to happen, Rhea."

"Ill being upstairs." Rhea said boldly, and I didn't want to press anymore about it.

I took a bite of the pizza and instantly relaxing after the tense morning. God, this was delicious.

I was quickly brought back into my less cheesy and delicious and happy lifestyle when I remembered what Rhea said about my faith.

I feel like on some level I was never sure about it.

I tried to believe to have some sort of purpose and direction. Anything. But I did research it one time myself and found nothing, then I got abused for it. It was making a lot of sense.

I didn't have contact with  any of my family in Russia, so I couldn't call anyone and ask.

Thinking about asking my father about was not a smart idea. I considered my brother, and whether or not he would tell my father I asked about it. I wasn't sure.

I used my thumb to toy with the silver ring on my finger. Something that has made me feel trapped. The ring felt like more than just a sex promise. It was the entire faith on my finger.

"What are you thinking about?" Rhea spoke up softly and I looked at her. "Tell me." She urged me.

I swallowed the food I had sitting in my mouth and cleared my throat. "Just about it all."

"That's a lot to be thinking about. Can you help you take your mind off it?" Rhea softly asked, shuffling a little closer to look at my face.

"You can show me a wrestling move." I peeked up all of a sudden, remembering she said she'd show me something.

Rhea laughed a little and put the food down. She wiped her hands. "Alright, stand up." She helped me up and we went to a area with a bit more space around us. "I'll show you a submission, do you want to do it on me or I'll do it on you?"

I tweaked my lips in thought. "Will it hurt?" I asked.

Rhea smiled. "Depends how much pressure you put on. It's the simplest submission move out there."

"What's it called?" I asked.

Rhea replied. "The sleeper hold."

"Sounds kinda nice." I smiled.