PART SIXTEEN | Hint

Part Playlist
Like I Can - Sam Smith
Fire on Fire - Sam Smith

_____________________________

We pulled into what must be Rheas home. It looked like a really nice house, something I was a lot happier seeing than any other house in my life.

"Come on." Rhea grabbed my hand, holding it as she helped me from the back of her truck. She studied me as I climbed out of the seat, and down a step to the ground. She immediately wrapped her arm around my waist and led us to the door.

Dom got out too and followed close behind us.

Rhea unlocked her door with one free hand and opened it, letting us in.

I was immediately jumped on by two dogs. I flinched at first, but smiled realising it was just two adorable dogs. Rhea's dogs...

I went to pay them but Rhea pulled us past them, sadly, but I understood it wasn't the time to play with the dogs yet. "Sit down." Rhea told me softly, motioning to her long grey couch in the living room. It was beautiful in here.

I sat down and watched as Rhea pushed her dogs outside a back door and then shut the door.

Dom sat nearby, looking between Rhea and I. It was pretty strange seeing him in person.

Rhea walked past him and put a thankful hand on his shoulder before sitting right next to me, grabbing my hand and holding it. "Are you alright?" She asked. "Honesty, Kat. I'm checking your entire body down soon, so you might as well be honest."

Am I alright, meant, have I been abused.

I nodded. "I'm really fine." It wasn't a lie. I wasn't hit or punched or shoved. But I was abused in another way, I didn't want to tell Dominik. I'd tell her later.

Rhea felt like there was something I wasn't telling her. She leaned in and I nearly fell into her warmth. She whispered so only I could hear her. "Do you want him to leave?"

I reered back to look at her. "No, it's ok." I told her. "I'll- I just- I'll tell you later." I smiled faintly.

Rhea cleared her throat and looked down, obviously not looking forward to what I have to tell her. "I'm sorry." She whispered. "I wasn't there before."

I created my eyebrows. "Rhea... there wasn't anything you could do, yet you still found a way to get to me."

Rhea let out a stressed breath. "We had no idea if it would work... I can't believe it-"

Rheas door knocked and Dom quickly got up. "Finn and Damien." He clarified for me, as I sat up in my seat. I hope.

Rhea caught my attention. "It's them." She squeezed my hand. "Don't worry. You're safe here."

I felt safe with her. But was I safe? Could Sam or my father find out exactly where Rhea lives and come here? I prayed they would never do anything like that. Or hurt Rhea.

Dom came back, followed by Damien and then the shorter male, Finn.

"Hey, Kat. You right?" Damien was immediately kind and sat beside me. "Can I put my hand on your back?" He asked sweetly.

I nodded. "Thank you." I said to him. He risked a lot to do that for me. "Really." I added, smiling as he gently comforted my back, rubbing up and down. He seemed so caring, even nearly more than Rhea.

I looked to Finn, smiling and nodding my gratitude. He faintly smiled back, warmly and speaking. "You deserve so much better, Kat. We're here for you." He said.