PART TWO | Deja Vu

Part Playlist:
SUGAR - BrockHampton
Claudia - Finneas
Pacify Her - Melanie Martinez
Leave a Light On - Tom Walker

________________________________

"Tell me about your dancing. I noticed you placed 2nd, that's amazing." Rhea said, running her hands over the barre. Feeling the wood and squeezing a little, her silver rings clanking against it.

I watched her hands. "First place would have been better."

Rhea looked at me softly. "I don't know much about ballet, but in most things, placing first, second and even third is amazing. Are you happy with how you went." Rhea lent on the bar, listening to me.

I shrugged a little awkwardly. "I did... There was a few mistakes, so I'm not real glad with how I went."

Rhea stood up straighter and crossed her arms. Her biceps flexed and forearms defined as she did it. I couldn't look away from those tattoos. "Well, even with a few mistakes you still placed second. That's pretty incredible."

"Thanks." I smiled softly.

Rheas eyes strayed to my bag on the floor, where a few of my things were peppered out onto the floor. Ointments and band aids were scattered. She slowly walked towards them. "Sore feet?" She asked, looking back to down my legs. "That's about the only thing I really know about dancing. You get sore feet."

I followed her, not getting too close. "Very sore feet. They're not pretty."

Rhea nodded, bending down to pick up...

"Oh, that-"

"This is gorgeous." Rhea held a paper of mine in her hand, admiring what I drew. "Did you draw this?" Rhea looked to me with so much warmth on her face, I had to stop myself from smiling.

I nodded. "Yeah. Yeah, I did." 

"These are incredible

"These are incredible. Have you made them?" Rhea asked, looking between me and the paper.

I shook my head and smiled. Looking away from her deep eyes. "No, I could never make something like those in the house." Rheas smile fell. "I have a sewing machine and a few fabrics, but, I don't have the things to make those."

"Why not?" Rhea shuffled a little closer, seeming annoyed at me. Or at why I couldn't make the designs I drew.

I shrug. "I don't get given things very often."

Rheas has twitched as she put the paper down and carefully back into my bag. "You should try and explore that. They're really incredible."

"Thank you." I gave her a gentle smile, feeling guilty because I know I could never explore that. I used my thumb to fiddle with the ring on my finger. It was a little silence between us, and I didn't know how to fill it. Until I saw those bruises on her arms. "Can you..." I didn't know how to ask it. Would she take offence to me not knowing. "What do you do? Do you fight?"