PART SIX | Week

Part Playlist:
Bored - Billie Eilish
Never Say Never - The Fray
It Will Rain - Bruno Mars
Swim - Chase Atlantic

How are y'all liking the series so far? - HJaneRipley

_______________________________

I walked carefully downstairs, taking light steps all the way to the door to my fathers office. I knocked once and he immediately spoke up. "Get in." He had lowered his voice, which made me glad. Rhea couldn't hear whatever was about to happen.

I opened the door and father was sitting behind his desk, laptop on and obviously deep in work. "Yes?" I answered quietly, my pulse racing.

My father took his glasses off quickly, putting them on the desk and looking at me. "What do you have to tell me, Katarina?" He said. And I couldn't tell if he was on the verge of tears or screaming.

What?

"I'm not sure what you-"

"KATARINA!" He screamed and stood up.

I flinched and blinked, looking down. My hands started to shake. The pleasure I was just feeling was completely gone.

My father rounded his desk to come my way. "One last chance, Katarina. What do you have to say?"

I cleared my throat, already knowing I was about to be punished. I didn't have an idea what he was talking about...

Well, I had many. But he can't know them. Surely.

"I don't know." I replied, tensing my face, readying for something.

My father scoffed in disgust and I looked up at him. A sharp slap came across my face, nearly knocking me off hm feet. I gasped and held my face, my eyes watering. "Apologise to me." He snapped. "glupaya suka."

He called me a stupid bitch.

I swallowed. "I'm sorry." My voice broke.

"Pardon you, Katarina? Speak up." My father said, voice bobbing with anger. "Look your daddy in the eyes and apologise to me."

God... i held back tears as I lifted my chin. Looked in his eyes of pure hatred for me. Sometimes, I think it would be better and my life would be more meaningful if I just died. I wouldn't be such a burden. A punching bag. A disappointment.

Maybe I'd be missed.

"I'm sorry." I apologised, hating every single word that just came out of my mouth.

"Good. Now get up stairs and get to sleep." He grumbled and went to go back behind his desk.

I turned around, shutting the door to his office and heading back up the stairs.

Rhea would still be there...

I stopped in the bathroom, examine my face and I was a mess. My cheek was bright red, my eyes starting to swell and water. God, my body was going through a lot the last few days. There was a lot to heal, but I didn't have enough energy or food to do it.

I wondered if I should go into Rhea, sit her down and tell her everything. But how would she react?

I remember when she said she would go livid if anything bad happened to me. I can't make her put herself in danger.

If I go back in there anyway, she's going to see my new red smacked cheek. I couldn't even come up with an excuse.

I knew I needed to tell her. She could maybe help me... but help me what? I don't even know where else I would go. What I would do. I don't know how to talk to people like a normal person. Act like a regular citizen. I don't have any money. Knowledge on how to cook or care for myself with my own responsibilities.