PART THIRTEEN | Daughter

Part Playlist:
A Concert Six Months From Now - Finneas
Train Wreck - James Arthur
A Drop In The Ocean - Ron Pope

______________________________

When I got inside my fathers car, it's like something in me switched.

I started to panic extremely hard.

I was struggling to breath normally, and my heart was beating so hard. I didn't want this.

I realised I'd rather god damn die than let him do this to me.

Rhea didn't deserve this. Going through this. I just wanted her happy.

I should have just left with her. I was so stupid for wanting to wait, or try and change his mind. I was so dumb... A stupid fool for staying when she was willing to help me. She still is, I just hope she's not too late.

But...

I don't have to wait for her.

I squeezed my hands together, trying to come up with a way to get out of here. I didn't even care about my things at home, I just wanted to get out.

I still had that phone down my bra, I could run and use that to tell Rhea where I am.

Yes. I should run.

I looked outside and we were about 10 minutes from home. I couldn't jump from the car, that was a silly idea.

The rest of the ride home I thought exactly how I should run from him. Where I should go... but I had no idea what was even around the house. I only go to and from the house and the studio.

My heart was pacing the whole way to the house, going over it in my head. I knew what way to go, I just hoped it led someone. My house was backed by forest, and the only road is the entrance which goes on for a while until you get back to the main road.

If I get to the right part of the forest and keep going that way I should come out on the main road. It was getting dark, which worried me.

But I had to do this. I had to try. I don't want Rhea to risk herself.

Father pulled out the front of home and he hopped out. So did I, and shut the door. He walked in front of me towards the house, and I took my chance and ran in the opposite direction.

"KATARINA!" My father shouted from behind me, but I didn't stop.

I kept running across the road, across the path. There was a slight bank down to the forest. I got there and slowed down to make sure I didn't trip down there.

I was so close to the tree line. If I got there it would be a lot easier to hide.

I was nearly-

The wind was taken out of me completely as I was tackled to the ground. My ribs burned as my father held me down by the back of my neck on the wet grass. Dirt was smacked on my cheek. "What the fuck do you think you're doing!" My father screamed down at me.

I started crying, from knowing I failed and the pain radiating through me. I tried to catch my breath but it was so hard to breath.

"Get the fuck up. You try that shit again, Katarina and I'll fucking kill you." He snapped and yanked me up to my wobbly legs. Then he slapped me across the face, so hard I fell over, landing on my side and whimpering. "Get inside. glupaya suka." Stupid bitch.

My father dragged me inside and i held my cheek and my ribs the whole way. "I can't wait until your no longer under my fucking supervision. I need you out of my life." He snapped as he pushed me in the front door.