PART FIVE | Unsafe

Part Playlist:
Panic Room - Au/Ra
Because Of You - Kelly Clarkson
Trash Magic - For K

_____________________________

I gasped when I spotted the time on Rheas phone. I sat up. "It's 5:30, you need to go." I shuffled out of Rheas legs and stood up. "My brother will be here soon." I looked to the door in nervousness.

Rhea was sitting up, but slowly. Too slowly.

"Sorry, but, please you have to go now." I told her, immediately feeling horrible. It looked like she really didn't like hearing that. "Sorry." I whispered again.

"It's fine, Kat." Rhea reached to grab her empty bags to take with her. She didn't really say anything else, as she started walking past me.

She stopped just beside me, rubbing my chin softly. "I'll see you tonight." She said so very quietly.

"Rhea..." I whispered, shaking my head. "You really don't- You shouldn't come."

Rhea rolled her eyes at me. "I'll see you tonight, Kat."

I turned and followed her as she started walking to the door. "Rhea... Really, you don't know what- Please..." she wouldn't stop, she opened the door to leave. "I am begging you to not come over, Rhea." That made her stop and turn around.

Rhea tilted her head. "Give me one good reason not to, and I won't."

I swallowed. "My father will get angry."

"He won't know."

But he would...

Rhea continued. "Any other reason, Kat?"

I let out a stressed breath, rubbing my neck. "I don't want you to." It was a pure lie, I couldn't think about anything I wanted to do more right now. Stay with her.

Rhea looked away, crossing her arms. She knew it was a lie. "I'll see you tonight, Kat." She said and walked away.

I closed my eyes and shut the door. I had to be in so much trouble after tonight. If she got caught in the house, in my room with me... I don't even know what my father would do to her. Let alone me.

I slowly walked back to my things and picked my phone up, writing one more plead to Rhea.

Kat: You cannot come over. It's unsafe.

I waited for a reply for a few minutes, but none came. About 5 minutes later, someone knocked at the door.

I went over and opened it, curious if it was her.

Rhea was there, holding her phone. She looked really annoyed with creased eyes. "What do you mean it's unsafe? For you? Or for me?"

I scratched my head. I started to breath a lot heavier. "Rhea I..." I spotted on the road behind Rhea... my brothers car just pulling up. Just on the other side of the road. "You can't be here, Rhea!" I nearly screamed. Then my brother hopped out of the car, not looking this way but he would...

I yanked Rhea inside by her shoulders, slamming the door shut and leaning on it. I spurn from it and grabbed Rhea by the arm, dragging her. "What are you doing?" Rhea asked me, letting me take her.

"My brother is coming." I said, opening the door to the small bathroom, praying that Nik won't need to use it when he comes in.

I went to push her in but she stopped me, and I couldn't move her. She was a brick wall. I looked up to her with worried eyes. "Rhea..." it was a plead.