PART THIRTY-SIX | Hungry

Part Playlist:
• Mind Over Matter (Reprise) - Young The Giant

________________________________

"Rhea?" I followed her into the bedroom, where she went to close the door on me. "Don't ignore me, please."

Rhea looked at me over her shoulder as she got dressed up. "What were you thinking, showing him where we lived."

I cleared my throat. "Rhea... My father and Sam already know exactly where we live."

Rheas eyes settled on me. She looked a little startled. "How?"

I shrugged. "I don't know. I don't know how they found out where I even worked at. My name isn't advertised in anything yet."

Rhea was in thought and she started pulling pyjama shorts on. "I don't trust him."

"I do." I said, committing to trusting Nik. "Rhea... he saved me earlier. Protected me. Apologised. He's not going to be over all the time or anything, but I'm giving him a chance to make new memories." I explained. And Rhea listened instead of cutting me off this time. "You don't have to trust him, but I'm choosing to. You don't have to get to know him, or even see him or speak to him. But I am." I said firmly. "He's my brother."

Rheas rubbed her lips together and let out a breath, dripping her towel and coming over to me, enveloping me into her arms and pulling me into a hug. "Are you ok?" She asked against my head, moving on from my brother for the moment.

"I'm ok." I replied.

Rhea pulled back to look in my eyes. "I knew you shouldn't have walked home... I'm picking you up every day this week." Rhea said. "Sam pulled a gun on you?"

"Oh." I remembered. And I should tell Rhea. "Nik left us a gun. I put it in the kitchen, inside the microwave."

Rhea looked to the wall in annoyance. "I don't want a gun in here, Kat."

I nodded. "I know. But, I think it has to be. Just in case."

Rhea shook her head. "Why the microwave?" She scoffed.

I smiled against her chest, hugging close to her. "I've never seen you use it. Plus, it's pretty easy access."

Rhea let out a breath against me. "I hate this. I just want you- I want you safe, Kat." She whispered.

And I knew that. I wanted us safe too.

The next day, I was running through lines with Ollie. We were on stage with Louis watching from a seat in the crowd.

Unfortunately, we were about to practice the kissing scene.

And unfortunately, Rhea just got here to pick me up, and sat nearby Louis, with a smile watching us. But she definitely wouldn't be smiling soon.

"She's not gonna get up and punch me right?" Ollie asked softly beside me.

I smiled, shaking my head. Hopefully not.

"Let's go you guys." Louis ordered and we snapped into our characters, going through the scene. The lines, the moves, the way we'd respond and react.

Then I grabbed onto Ollie's hands and studied his face.

I wish I could make Rhea not have to watch this... but she was early. She shouldn't have been so early...

I waited as Ollie pretended to "fall in love." With me, and he made the move.

Hiding my laugh was so hard, but we both did it as he grabbed my face and pressed his lips to mine.

It was quick, and we pulled back from eachother to look at eachother. Ollie lip was curving, as he tried to hide his laugh. Oh god, don't make me crack...