1🧹

Emery Smith🥀

"Can you please just give me a week. At most" Emery begged her landlord, Mr Brown. The old wrinkled man smirked, licking his cracked lips. "What are you willing to do?" he ran his dry hand over her bare arms.

Emery looked horrified, and felt disgusted. "I'll be out by the end of the week" she quickly said slamming the door. "What a sick ass man" she muttered to herself.

She knew she had nowhere to go, and not a damn soul to ask. She thought about asking her best friend Piper but she couldn't. You see Piper had a boyfriend that lived with her and they were pretty toxic to put simple.

Constantly arguing, fighting, and not to mention kicking each other out of her apartment. Emery loved Piper but she couldn't, and wouldn't go down that path.

And she definitely couldn't call her mother. After what happened with her mother's now husband when she was 17, she hasn't talk to her mother since. That was 7 years ago, she was 24 now.

Deciding to test her luck she got on indeed and starting looking into jobs. She knew she would have to prove proof of employment, if she was gonna get a new place. She applied for every job in a 10 mile radius. Thankful she had a car to get to these places.

She went at it for a good hour or so. Applying to over 20 jobs in that time, she was glad she updated her resume. Her fingers got tired of typing away so she gave it a break. Going into her refrigerator she only had a handful of items to eat: eggs, leftover pizza, two hot pockets and what looked like a pesto sandwich.

"I don't even eat pesto" then it dawned on her. "Oh that's fucking nasty" she shook her head, deciding on the pizza, she had got three days ago it was still good—she thinks.

Warming up the meat lovers delight, she sat on her broken down couch hoping to get a call.

Emery had dosed off, after warming her food she decided to rewatch Sister, Sister

Emery had dosed off, after warming her food she decided to rewatch Sister, Sister. She shot up from her sleep due to her phone ringing. The number was unknown, it was around also close to 9 at night.

"Hello?" She answered. " Is this Emery Smith?" A woman asked. "This is she, may I ask who this is?"

"Of course. My apologies, my name is Francine Idol. I'm the assistant of Mr. Silas Brody. You applied to become his personal housekeeper?" Emery heart dropped. There was no way she had got blessed this fast.

"Yes. Yes. I did" she said excitedly. "Great. So I'm calling to ask you some questions, and confirm eligibility for the job. How does that sound?"