36🧹

Dr. Patrice Patel
Family Dr.

Emery sat across from Piper's bed, Tim and Tia on the other side. Her mom and dad would be flying in tonight. She had called them since Tim didn't get along with them all that well, they didn't respect his sexuality.

Piper slowly opened her eyes, the smell of antiseptics, sanitizer and cleaning supplies around her. The soft beeping of the machine next to her. She looked to her side and saw Emery. Instantly tears came to Piper's eyes.

"You were right" she cried. Emery got yo embracing her. "Shhh" she cooed. "I'm sorry this happened to you.

Piper had a split lip, busted jaw, a black eye and three broken ribs. He had beat her than pushed her down a flight of stairs. Her landlord had found her, and called the police.

"I tried to leave E, I did. I fought too, you wouldn't been proud of me bitch" she said with a weak smile. Emery sniffled holding her hand.

"I am proud, proud that you're still here"

The door to her room opened, and in walked her doctor. "Glad to see you away Ms. Kingston" Dr. Ballard spoke.

"Yeah it's good to be awake" she said honestly. "Well we went over your labs and results and we gave good news. You'll be able to make a full recovery in six months"

"Bad news?" Piper asked. "Would you like them to step out?" He asked looking between her friends. Piper shook her head.

"It looks like you came up positive for HIV" Piper eyes widened in horror. The room was silent. "Wh.. what?"

"I'm sorry, but it was detected in your bloodstream, the good news is we caught it early so we can get you on antivirals" he explained. Piper was still stuck on the fact that she had HIV she was barely 23.

"How- How did this.."

"Have you had unprotected sex recently with someone who could've been infected?" Dr. Ballard questioned.

"No the only person was.." the realization hit. "That bitch ass nigga gave me HIV!" She cried. Piper was hysterical, she had never caught anything a day in her life. And now she caught something that would change her life forever.

"What the fuck am I gonna do?"

"I'll give you a minute Ms. Kingston. I'm sorry" Dr. Ballard exited the room. Piper balled her eyes out, her friends tried to embrace her. But she was too hurt. When they finally got her to calm down, she cried herself to sleep.

Emery left the room, going to meet Silas in the waiting room. He handed her a coffee, unsure how she took it. "Everything okay?" She nodded.

"I... I wanna get tested for STDs" she explained to him. Silas was taken aback, he hadn't been sleeping around and he knew she hadn't been so what had caused this.

"What happened?" She shook her head. "It's not my story to tell, but I would rather be safe than sorry." Silas kissed her head, understanding where she was coming from.

"I'll get checked too than, Ill have the family doctor come see us tomorrow" she nodded.

"Thank you" she kissed his cheek.

The next day like Silas said the doctor had arrived

The next day like Silas said the doctor had arrived. Dr. Patel was a family friend, and private doctor to them. She was also close to his mother.

Emery opened the door for her, she tall Indian woman entered. She was gorgeous too. Clear brown skin, pretty almond shaped eyes, soft facial features. She looked younger than what Silas had said.

"Good morning" she greeted Emery. "Mourning Dr. Silas said he would explain what test I wanted to get done" she nodded.

"Yes he did. I'll be drawing some blood, doing a urine check and by the end of the week I'll have your blood results" she explained. She pulled out her kit.

"I hope needles don't make you squeamish" Emery shook her head. "Good"

After a good hour the doctor was finished. She would go see Silas at work to do his test since he didn't wanna miss anymore days. Emery said her goodbyes. She would visit Piper later on today, Tim would go with her.

It took some time but her parents had convinced her to press charges against Tay. For domestic abuse and battery.

A few days later

A few days later...

Dr. Patel had called Emery to inform her she was coming over in person to tell Emery her results. Emery was a hundred and one percent nervous. She wondered what could be so bad.

When the good doctor arrived she came right in with a Manila envelope in her hand. They took a seat in the living room with Ace by her side. He hadn't left her side since she came back home.

"Well good news, your results came back clear. You are all good—"

"Great!" Emery beamed. "Well if that's all—"

"Also your pregnant Emery. It looks like two months to be exact" Emery felt nauseas as they need hit. "Are you sure?" She questioned.

Dr. Patel handed her the envelope. "I ran your blood and the pee sample three times to be sure" she explained. Emery nodded trying to take the news in.

"Can you tell what it is?"

•••••••••

SO IM TAKING OUT THE LAST PART. SHE IS STILL PREGNANT...