34🧹

Emery returned to Tim's house, her heart in her hands. Tim, and Tia waited on the couch, the moment they heard the door open they were up.

"What happened?"

"Are you okay?"

"He didn't try to hurt you did he?" Tim questioned. They were bombarding her with so many that she couldn't get any answers out.

"We talked" she managed to say. "And?!" The siblings said in unison.

"He proposed" she confessed lowly. The siblings looked at Emery in shock, anticipating her next words. "I said no"

Tim looked like he was gonna faint at her words. "Bitchhhh" he cried.

"Tim I can't say yes yet. I need to figure some shit out first." She explained to her friends. "Okay, what do you need from us?"

"Well..." she gave him a small smile.

" she gave him a small smile

3 weeks later

Emery arrived at her the last place she ever expected to be, but tomorrow was the big day and she couldn't keep putting this off. Silas had been waiting for an answer, and she was finally gonna give it to him.

Emery knocked twice on the front door. It was barely 2 o'clock. Hopefully she was home. The door swung open, and there was Emery's mother. Camille stared at her daughter in shock, thinking maybe she was seeing a ghost or some sort of illusion.

"Em..Emery?" Her mother stuttered. She nodded. "Oh baby girl what're you doing out here?" She questioned.

"To talk" she told her. Her mother nodded, moving to the side to let her in. Emery was hesitant. "He's not here, out of town visiting his mother" she explained.

Emery stepped through the threshold, this house was a lot different than the one they lived in, back in the projects. It was clean, and looked like what a warm, loving home should've. Not that disgusting pigsty they stayed in. Camille showed her to the kitchen where she pulled a chair out for her daughter.

"Please sit. Would you like some water, juice, tea—"

"No Ma I'm fine. I just needed to come talk to you. I'm about to make the biggest decision of my life, but I realize I couldn't do it because of how much hurt I harbored" she explained greatly.

Camille sat across from her, listening carefully. "You were not a good mom" Emery whispered.

"You did alot of fucked up things, and you let alot of fucked things happen to me" she paused taking a deep breath. "For four years of my life, I was raped, and molested by your husband. I told you, and you didn't believe me" she held back tears.

"I was going through a lot back then baby, I was so wrong—"

"But yet you still continue to stay with him" Emery pointed out. Camille nodded. "Yes" she answered honestly.

"Why?" Camille's couldn't answer her daughter. It was the million dollar question. Even she had asked herself it since becoming sober.

"I don't know" she told her. "Do you remember what you told me when I came to you?" Her mother shook her head.

"You told me I was a hoe. A slut for laying up with your man at 14" Camille gasped. She didn't remember a lot from back then, especially not this.

"You didn't believe me, so he kept at it for years. Coming into my room every night after you drank yourself into a coma" Emery eyes begin to water. "He touched me every where, whenever he wanted. And when I came to you for help, support and safety— you chose him" she added.

"I'm so sorry Emery. At the time I just couldn't see him doing that to you. Plus you were acting out I didn't, you were tryna be grown always wearin this tight lil—"

"Ask me what I was wearing ma" Emery demanded. "What?"

"Ask me what I wearing Camille" she demanded. "What were you wearing Emery?"

"Hello kitty pajama pants, and a long tee shirt. My hair was stuffed in a too small bonnet because you hadn't done it in months" she painted a detailed image.

Her mother begin to cry. "So you tell me, how grown was I being when he came into my room in the middle of the night. Ripped off my clothes and stole my fucking virginity, Camille" she snapped.

"Huh Camille? How grown was I when he would make me suck his dick! Fucked me so rough I bled for days. Or how about the time when he tried to do it anal and I cried for help. Huh? Was I grown all those times too" Emery snapped. Camille's cried harder.

"Emery please, stop"

"No child asks to be abused, starved, beaten with a switch or molested just because their parents don't want them. Or have problems. I didnt ask to be here. You could've damn well swallowed, aborted, gave me up for foster care or better yet wore protection! If you wasn't ready to be a mother" Emery was now crying.

"Emery please..."

"I didn't come here to fight. I came to tell you I forgive you" Camille's eyes widened. "I forgive you ma. And I hope you find peace, but I don't want not a damn thing to do with you. Ever" Emery admitted coldly.

Camille tried to take her hand, but she moved away. "I don't see you as mother, not anymore. Because there's something I learned; just because a dog gives birth, don't make it a mother" Camille begin to sob.

"Emery, I love you so much. Im sorry. I'm so sorry baby. I wished I was a better mother, a better everything—"

"The time for wishing is over. Just like I had to do, so do you. Stand in your truth Camille." With those final words, Emery stood.

Ass she made her way from the hall she saw a picture of herself from all those years ago.

She stopped, taking it off the table. A stray tear shedding from her eye, landing on the frame.

"Goodbye, I love you" she whispered to the broken little girl that she had took so long to heal. She then showed herself out.

Camille sobs could be heard echoing through the silent house. She felt like shit, worse then. She wanted a relationship with her child, her only child but things had fucked up so much. And now she had officially lost her.