13🧹

Karla Brody

Silas had to make a quick trip to his company. He hadn't heard from Francine in over 48 hours, it was unlike her. He knew she would be in the office, it might as well be her second home. He should've told Emery but the last thing he wanted was to run her away.

He was becoming selfish with her already.

Silas greeted his receptionist as he entered the 30 floor building.

He noticed once he got there that Francine car was parked right out front. Since, her separation from Brian, he's taken in that she would rather be at work than home. He never judged of course because it was understandable.

She had been with Brian for almost 10 years, they were inseparable. So for them to up and file for divorce last month it was a shock, even to him.

Entering his elevator, he pressed the button to the top floor. As the doors opened he saw his assistant walking across the floor. Francine didn't even notice the appearance of her boss. She was too busy trying her hardest to get these pictures out of the fucking press before they became a problem.

So far she had tracked down 3,000 copies of it. Half being from the most major tabloids and the other from magazines that weren't worth the second read. "Francine" Silas called.

The older spun in her heels, confused to why he was here. "Silas?"

"I haven't heard from you in two days" he told her. She made a O shape with her mouth. "I'm sorry I have been getting these damn pictures out— I have most of them. There's just one place that won't budge" she explained irritation in her voice.

"How much do they want?" He walked with her back to her office. "That's the thing they don't want money they want to publish the story" Francine grabbed a cigarette from her purse, pushing opening her window.

"Since when do you smoke?"

"Since I'm unwed" she confessed. Silas shook his head, he could always expect the woman to be honest.

Emery had finished the laundry when she heard the front door open

Emery had finished the laundry when she heard the front door open. She was excited to see Silas but when she exit the den she saw a much older woman standing in the living room.

She had mixed blonde and brown hair, olive tan skinned. And the most stunning green eyes. "Are you her?" The strange woman asked.

"Excuse me?" Emery answered, confused.

She laughed, approaching Emery "Are you the gold-digging, housekeeping slut that my son is fucking?!" Going into her purse she pulled out a Manila envelope.

Damn near throwing it into Emery's hand, she opened it and it was pictures of her and Silas. From that day they went to the store.

"You are her, aren't you?" The woman snapped. "I'm sorry but who the hell are you?" Emery snapped back.

She wasn't gone tolerate disrespect. She didn't give a damn who walked in this house. If she didn't dish it out she shouldn't have to fucking take it. The woman stepped back appalled.

Karla folded her arms, a smug look on her face. "I'm Karla Brody. The mother of the millionaire you've seduced!"

Emery stood shook, no words could leave her mouth. She felt bad about how she was about to beat the dog shit out of this woman. And how she knew that she was definitely going to to jail, and her mugshot would be pretty. But of course, Silas would never forgive her for it.

But hey, it is what the fuck it is. She mentally shrugged. "I think you need to leave" Emery said as calmly as she should.

"No sweetheart you need to leave and crawl back into whatever section 8, ghetto hood you crawled out from" Karla growled.

"Bitch!" Emery snapped. "You don't know me. Like at all. At all. You need to go" Emery was now the one moving close.

She had never beat nobody mama up but she guess today was the day all things were possible. "You disrespectful little hoodrat" Karla said clutching her fake pearls.

"I'm calling my son"

"Please fuckin do" Emery told her. Ace stood in the background, afraid to move. He coward in the corner covering his face with his paws.

Silas must've ran three stop signs and every light in Seattle to get home

Silas must've ran three stop signs and every light in Seattle to get home. He was surprised he didn't get pulled over. He didn't even bother parking just got out the car, running into the house.

His mother stood by the door, while Emery stood across the room. Immediately he walked passed his mother to her.

Taking her in his arms, he was hurt when she pulled away. "Emery what's wrong?"

"You and the women in your life" she said lowly. "Within the five seconds of your mother being here she's called me a hoe, a section 8 hood rat, and a gold digger" Emery said pissed.

"She called me a bitch. Can you believe that? Disrespecting your mother, in your home" his mother instigated.

Silas couldn't say a word. He didn't know what to say, she had went to far. Passed to fucking far. "Leave"

"Exactly. Leave" Karla stepped forward, a smug grin on her face. "No, not her. You leave mother" he turned to her a dark look in his eyes.

"What?!" She gasped, surprised. "Leave, now Karla. Or I swear to god himself you'll hate me forever—"

Karla approached her son. "Silas Ezra Brody, have you lose your senses?"

"You would choose this woman— over me. Your mother?"

"Leave Karla" her hand whipped across the air, the slap coming down hard on his face. He didn't even flinch.

"Have I not been a good mother? Have your father and I not afforded you the best schools, clothes, money. Lifestyles? Huh? If I've told you once I've told you before these woman don't love you! I'm your mother and I know bes—"

"Get the fuck out Karla!" He snapped so loud the house shook. Even Emery had to take a step back. Karla Brody had never felt so disrespected in her life.

"Don't come back" he warned her. Karla said nothing else, only the clicking of her heels could be heard as she exited the house.

"Emery—"

"What is this?" She handed him the pictures. Fuck. Was all he could think. If it wasn't one thing it was another. As if the heavens didn't want him to have his girl.

"I'm sorry I don't even know what's going on any more—"

"That's not what I asked you" Emery said. "I'm trying to get in front of it, it's just taking some time"

"In front of what Silas? What the fuck are these pictures and why the fuck do your mama have them?"

"A story's coming out" Silas finally confessed. "What story?"

"About us"