17🧹

Silas had stepped out, he hadn't seen Emery since the early afternoon before he started his workout. He was in desperate need of a haircut, and a good wash. After he showered he made an appointment with his Barber/ stylist Leo. He was the best in town.

He owned a shop in the middle of town called Cuts & Inks. He also housed a tattoo shop on the other side. The place was booming, Leo kept a high profile clientele and was constantly busy. But he always made space for Silas.

Especially since Silas was the reason he turned his life around. At one point the man was a raging alcoholic and a addict. Coke to be exact. Silas forced him into rehab, even paid for his medical bills. He got him on his feet helped him found his passion, and now Leo was 10 years sober and soon to be celebrating his 3rd year anniversary.

Silas entered the shop, receiving greetings from the room. "Yoo!" Leo greeted.

"How you doing man?" Silas shook his hand. "Not as good as you" Silas said holding up the paper showing him and Emery on the front page.

He was glad that they had talked about this before it came out. So that way it was no surprise to them once it came out. Sadly Francine couldn't get the paper not to run it but she was able to change the narrative.

"No comment" Silas said with a laugh. "Hey no judgment man, she's pretty" Leo added.

Silas took a seat in his chair, Leo put a apron over his clothes. "So what we going today?" Leo asked.

"Like up, trim just a good clean up"
Leo nodded grabbing his clippers from the table.

Emery stood at the kitchen, she decided to dosomething simple tonight for dinner

something simple tonight for dinner. Her special rotel cheese chicken and shrimp tacos with fresh pico de gallo and lime guacamole.

She even made homemade tortillas chips to go with it. Adding sea salt, and more lime to season them. Ace had been good for her today, she gave him a bath, cut his nails and gave him a good brushing. He was a brand new dog.

He now laid on the side of her while she finished cooking. Occasionally she had to step over him or drop some food for him to catch. Their relationship had changed over the course of days since she had been sleeping in the house.

Ace even laid on the couch with her when she lounged around. They watched the together she found out that he liked the Real Housewives.

She heard the sound of the garage going up, signaling her lover was home. She was still a little sour about what happened between her and Piper but she knew they would make up sooner than later. Just needed a minute to cool off.

Silas walked into the house and immediately floated to the kitchen. The smell of spices hitting his senses. He came to a stop, Emery had yet to notice him, her brows seemed furrowed like she was in deep thought.

He watched as she cut up the remainder of her tomatoes, and placed them into a small bowl. He loved coming home to this every day, it made his heart warm. He had picked up something special on the way home from the shop.

He saw it in the window at Tiffany's and he knew it would look gorgeous around her neck. Of course his hand would look better, but he got it anyway. It was a pearl and diamond pendant.

It ran him around $7,000 but that was chomp change. For her he would give it all. "Ahem" he finally cleared his throat.

Emery still didn't look up. Now he knew something was wrong. "Emery?" He called. She remained focus.

Silas sat the bag on the counter, coming behind her. He wrapped his large arms around her slim waist. Kissing her neck. "Hi sweet girl" he greeted.

Emery smiled at his touch. "Hi Silas"

"Just hi" he waited till she was finished before turning her to face him. "What's wrong?"

She shook her head. "It was just a long day" she told him. Silas squinted his eyes at her. "Your lying?" he deadpanned.

Emery face frowned up. "I had a little tiff with Piper" she finally told him. "Why, what happened?"

"Do you think I'm in the wrong for telling her that I don't approve her dating my ex?" Silas looked at her confused.

"Why would you be wrong? He's your ex, she's your best friend. I'm confused on where you went wrong?" Emery frowned up again. "It's just— I don't wanna see her with him. He's not a good guy"

"Who cares if he's not a good person. He's your ex Emery and she your friend— your best friend. Take it from me, that's not okay at all" Silas said thinking back to his own betrayal at one point.

"Emery sometimes you gotta see things as they are. Not what you want it to be. That's not how life works. And I understand she's your best friend but, even friends have a way of fucking you over." He gave her a kiss to the head.

He didn't know Piper at all, so he couldn't speak on her as a person. But any friend that was willing to stoop low and date another friend's ex, they couldn't be all that good. Silas grabbed the plates from the cabinet, handing them to his woman.

They sat in silence eating comfortably. Occasionally, he caught her eating off his plate. They were happy together, neither expecting a storm to be brewing while they basked in the sun.

•••••••••••••

HEYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!! I'm sorry for the short chapter, but don't worry child the drama, bullshit, jealous friends and toxic exes will definitely be in the next chapter. Promiseee💋

THANK YALL FOR THE SUPPORT!😭 And please do call me out if y'all see a grammar mistake. I appreciate that frfr💋

 I appreciate that frfr💋

Emery Necklace

The lingerie😭 coming soon