37🧹

Silas stood in the living room a blank expression on his face. "Silas? Did you hear me?" Emery questioned.

He knew he had heard her, but what he didn't know was what to make of the news. Not at any point in his life did he plan this. It wasn't that he hated children it just his life wasn't set up for them.

"Silas?" Emery grabbed the ultrasound picture from the counter. She handed it to him, and that snapped him back into reality. She was pregnant.

Emery was having not one, but two of his children. "Si—"

"Do we know the gender?" He quickly asked. She shook her head. "I'm only 6 weeks" she stated. "I'll have to wait till I'm at least 4 to 5 months" she told him.

Silas stared at the black and white picture, staring hard at the small dots. "Are you okay with this?" She asked him, genuinely concerned.

"Are you sure they're mine?" Emery almost slapped him. A goofy smiled appeared on the older man's face. "That's not fucking funny" Silas laughed.

"I'm sorry" he laughed harder. "You an ass" she said turning away from him. Silas smiled, giving her ass a slap. "I'm happy about this, just extremely nervous. And I think it'll be best if we hold off on the wedding too" he explained.

Emery was thinking the same thing but was afraid of how he would take it. "I agree" she admitted.

"Well you know what this means don't you?" She shook her head. "We gotta tell my family, and yours—"

"Can I be honest?" She asked. Silas nodded leading her over to the couch. They took a seat with her on his lap. "I want a relationship with my mom, but not if that man will continue to be in her life" she told him.

"That's understandable, but also you can't make her divorce him or separate" he told her sincerely. "I know. That's why I'm really debating. I don't wanna be angry anymore Silas, I hate it. Having all this hurt balled up in me, it's not something I want for our kids" she said.

Silas rubbed her legs, soothingly. "Me either, also I did wanna run something by you" he said.

"Oh?" Silas smiled. He would never get tired of her cute little ohs. Especially with the way she titled her head with it. "What do you think about moving"

Emery was surprised. She looked around the house she had only been there for 7 months now. But this was home. But with the babies coming it would make sense for them to move into something bigger.

"I'll miss this house a lot" Emery said sadly. "Me too, but I found a property. It's closer to the city" he told her.

"You already made these arrangements?" He nodded. "Honestly, I think you'll love it. It has a big backyard for Ace, and the kids. It's has six bedrooms and four and a half bathrooms. It's still private like we have now. There's a pool" he explained, hoping she would be okay with it.

"I wanna see it" she told him, excitedly. Silas smiled reaching over to grab his laptop. The house was grey stone and black. Very Silas and very modern.

The pool was a large area, accompanied by an extra large yard. Emery could already see an entire playground dedicated to the twins. She loved it. It was cozy, but still very much them. It was perfect. She couldn't lie.

5 months later

5 months later...

"Emery can you please sit the hell down. And let the movers do their damn job" Silas complained.

They were finally moving, and Emery wouldn't sit down to save her life. Not to mention they were suppose to be sitting down with the event planner for their gender reveal.

Emery had entrusted Tia and Tim with the babies gender. They had to make the final decisions on the menu, before then. The reveal was a week away, invitations had been sent out. Silas's mother had been there every part of the way. She and Tim, checked on Emery every single day.

Tim was excited to become an uncle. Or a glam-unc is what he told Emery. Things were moving pretty fast for the couple. Silas had signed a multimillion dollar contract with a previous client that guaranteed him 20 million dollar, for a high tech, modernized community center.

It would be a five building set up each one in a different part of the state. He couldn't be happier, he also received the inheritance from his father. He decided to take half of that money to put into the twins college fund, the other half being put up for them when they're old enough to use it.

Things were working out. A lot better than before, Silas had planned so much for the babies. He was gonna surprise Emery with the nursery after the gender reveal. He already knew the gender, he had bribed Tim with a gift card to Tiffany's.

He couldn't be happier, he wanted to give Emery and his soon to be here kids the world. The last five months had put so much into prospective, Emery was growing beautifully everyday. Ace was stuck to her like glue, every where she moved he followed behind her.

Ace and Emery were more tied to the hip than he and her were. He lived for it, loved every minute of it. Ace even accompanied her to doctor's appointments, of course they were hesitant at first but after he remained calm. They changed their minds.

The movers had brought in the last of the furniture for the nursery. Of course Emery had no idea that it was all being done today. He had tried to keep her in the dark as much as he could.

"Emery?" Silas called walking through the house. "Baby?" He called again.

He went into their bedroom to find her asleep on the bed, he came over removing her shoes. Ace laid right next to her, usually he had a no pets on the bed policy but this time he would let it slide.

This was what he lived for.

•••••••••

Guess who's back y'all!!!!! These next chapters will be happy ones. I promise, and they'll be emotional too. Y'all gone love it.

The new house😭😭

The new house😭😭