14🧹

Emery was in the guest house packing up her things. She knew this was a fucking bad idea, she knew that something bad would happen but she tried not to think of the negative but this took the fucking cake.

Silas came into the guest house just in time to see her, ready to run. "Emery stop"

"No" she said continuing to stuff garbage bags full of her things. "Emery!"

"What!"

"Stop, baby. Please" he close the distance between them. Peppering kisses on her face, jaw, head, all over.

He knew the action wouldn't stop her from leaving but he needed her to calm down. Just a little. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry I didn't tell you, about my mother and everything else"

"Silas I can't" she breathed out. "I can't be someone's punching bag again. Especially not a million strangers who don't even know me. I've dealt with too many people, taking advantage, hurting me and—and" her words hushed.

Tears swelled in her eyes as her mind flooded back to all those years ago.

Ten Years Ago

Ten Years Ago

"She gettin to smart fo hah mouth" Emery heard her mother's boyfriend say. "Chris she's just a little girl" her mother told him.

"Mmhm, a lil girl that think she fuckin grown en shit" Emery hated Chris. She hated how he watched her 24/7 and how he always ended up outside the door when she took showers or changed her clothes.

He was a creep, and her mama knew it. Rather she cared to admit or not. "All I'm sayin is that grown shit gon get her caught up" Chris huffed.

•••••••

That night of many, her bedroom door opened, and shut with a lock. "You need to learn your place, lil girl"

Emery could still smell his breath on her face, stale beer and who knows what else

Emery could still smell his breath on her face, stale beer and who knows what else. 4 years of abuse, being raped and beaten. Her mother too drunk to care, while her now husband took advantage of her 14 year old.

Emery hated how weak she was back then. But she wouldn't be that girl anymore. She wouldn't let any man, woman or stranger walk over her. Take advantage, bully or abuse her. She had a voice and she mattered.

Emery was so use to being the bad guy in everyone's story. That she had convinced herself that—that was the only role she was meant to play. The role the next fucking person narrated for her. The role the next person created in their mind about her. She hated it.

She was gonna fight for herself for once. For once she wasn't gonna let anyone create the narrative, she wouldn't be the monster. The bad guy, the slut, the gold digger and not the fast tail, 14 year old that was raped by her mothers boyfriend and never believed.

As much as she liked Silas. She knew this would only end badly, if it kept up. "Don't do this" Silas pleaded.

Emery pushed him away. "You don't understand!" She cried.

Silas for the first time could see, just how scared and broken she was. He could see now, like a fog had lifted. He could see how she used her determination and smile to hide the fact that she was scared shitless. "Who was it?"

Emery froze. "What?" She questioned. His face hardened, because the guilt was in her eyes.

"Who was it?—the man, woman, boy or girl that broke you down like this. Made you feel how you're feeling right now in this moment?" Emery felt a wave of tears hit her eyes and a deep sigh released unintentionally.

"He was my stepfather" she confessed. Silas felt his rage, hot red rage. "I told my mom, yah know. I told her— I told her and she didn't believe me. For 4 years that m—monster..." she stopped herself.

Her hands were shaking and her voice was low, and hot tears stained her brown cheeks. And she was back to being that 14 year old girl begging for her mother's help,begging her mama to believe her. "No!"

"No. I won't do this. I won't, I won't let another person make me a villain. If there's a story coming out it'll be said in only one way; gold-digging maid. That the only way the world will see me—"

"I won't let them—" Emery laughed, humorlessly. "Who do you think you are, huh. Superman? You think you can save me from the world, from people's opinions?" She questioned rhetorically.

But little did she know, if that was the role he was supposed to play in her story he would gladly take on the world for her. "Emery, I'm in love with you" Silas confessed.

Her skipped a milestone of a beat, and as much as she believed him her fear was stronger. "You don't mean that" she quickly said, turning back towards the bed.

"Don't tell me what I feel—"

"Than don't play me for a muthafucken fool Silas" she snapped. He was getting pissed off now.

"Emery, I love you." He repeated. "No, you think you love me. Weren't you just fawning over that other bitch just a year ago— and, and who knows who else—"

"Dammit Emery. Just shut the fuck up and accept what is. I fucking love you. I don't care if it's been a month or a day or a fucking second. I don't care who I've loved before, they're not Emery Marsai Smith." He hugged her from behind, before turning her to him wiping her tears.

He kissed her eyes, then her nose, next her cheeks and finally her lips. The kiss was a show of dominance, of affection and even more so of love.

"They ain't you baby" he told her. Emery cried harder. "I'll be whatever you want me to be, as long as I am yours Emery Smith. I don't care." Silas wasn't giving up not this time.

He, just like her let others create his story, write his narrative but it was time he wrote his own. He wanted her so bad, more than the flowers wanted the sun.

"What if you don't want me anymore. Or get tired of me, or worse you see that I'm just used goods and decide to throw me away, huh? Im just some poor black girl—"

"No, you're my girl. Don't talk like them, like the ignorant asses who want to make you feel like you have no worth. Make you feel like your color is a low standard in life. Because it don't work that way. You've worked to be here, no matter what color or background you come from Emery. You're perfect baby. And I won't give you up just because you can't see what I see" he tilted her head to meet his.

Silas was stuck on stupid for the girl. Emery knew this but wasn't ready to admit it. She needed more time. "Dammit Emery you make weak in all the right ways. I'm a fool for you. Shamelessly" he kissed her again.

"Let me show you, please" Silas begged once more. Hesitantly, she agreed. "Okay. But if this—"

"It won't." He assured her.

•••••••••••••

WHEN I SAY I CRIEEEDDDDD REAL TEARS CUZ BABBBBYYYYYY WHEEEEWWWWW😭👀 THIS CHAPTER HIT DIFFERENT.

And thank y'all sooo much for the views, comments and support. Y'all amazing asf like fr. I'm grateful. And don't worry I'll be writing another book once this one finishes!! TRUST💋❤️