5🧹

Cassandra Demi🤢

Emery was in the middle of cleaning while listening to Sza's Too Late. She hummed along as she did the dishes. She was going to be cooking tonight for Mr. Brody. They had fell into this routine over the last month.

They ate breakfast, sometimes lunch. And Silas had promised they'll always eat dinner together, or more so they shared his food since she never really had an appetite.

Tonight she would make this stuffed chicken breast she had seen on TikTok with a side of asparagus and roasted potatoes. She was actually enjoying her job. Not to mention the pay was everything she could ask for.

Just as she put the last of the dishes away and wiped down the counter, she heard Ace's loud barking from the front room. Surprisingly her and the beast— dog had came to some form of agreement.

She'll feed him leftovers and he stops trying to maul her.

"Ace!" She called out to the dog. He still barked. "Ace" she yelled again.

Wiping off her hands she went to where he was. She saw what was bothering him there was a woman standing at the door. Opening the door she was greeted with a scowl.

The woman didn't even say hello, just pushed herself into the house and passed Emery. "Excuse me!"

She was tall, the heels only accentuating her height. She wore a way to short dress, showering her leggy legs. She was beautiful, with olive tan skin and olive green eyes. But her attitude was shit.

The woman turned to look at her. "Where is he?!" She growled out. "And who the fuck are you!?" She said stepping closer to Emery.

The last thing she wanted was to beat the dog shit out this woman. But baby was the rude bitch trying her. Thankfully Ace stepped between them growling at the stranger.

"Mr. Brody isn't home, he won't be for another hour or so. I'm his housekeeper. Who are you?" Emery asked remaining as professional as she could.

The brunette woman looked Emery up and down. "Oh so your not fucking him?" She questioned with a tilt of her head.

What the fuck? Emery thought. "No I'm not. Not if you don't mind please leave"

Cassandra didn't like this so called housekeeper. The little girl was rude, and very much a fucking eye sore. The front door opened, and in walked Ms. Francine. 

Instantly her eyes went between the two women, then down to Ace. "Franc—"

"Leave, and on your way out leave that access card" Francine deadpanned. Emery had never felt this energy from the older lady since they met.

"Excuse me!"

Francine moved passed Emery getting in the woman's face. "You heard me Cassandra. Leave. Now, you are not welcomed here. Ever." She said lowly, her voice dripping with venom.

"Francine I would advise you to watch your ton—"

Francine chuckled, humorously. "Sweetheart, I would advise you to leave before I make you. Last warning" she told her.

Cassandra felt the fear rising up in her chest, but she refused to show it on her face. Flipping her hair, she stuttered over to the door.

"Maid" she said addressing Emery. "Let your master know I was here"

Emery had half a mind to come across the room, but she needed this job. And beating up guest didn't look good on any resume. The door slammed shut and it was just her and Francine.

Francine turned to her apologetically. "I am so sorry" she quickly said. "No Ms. Francine you didn't—"

"It's just the evil bitch.. oh excuse my language but the woman really grinds my gears" she said fuming.

"She broke Silas's heart, not even a full year ago. Took him forever to get over it. Dirty slut, slept with his brother of all people. Knowing that they had an estranged relationship. But did that stop the money hungry whore. Nope!" Francine continued to fume, going over to the mini bar in the corner of the house.

She grabbed the scotch pouring herself a generous cup. "Want one?" She asked Emery. She shook her head no.

Francine realized she had completely lost her cool, and came out of character. And by the way Emery was looking at her she was completely surprised. Slowly she put the scotch down, putting her face back on.

"Im sorry Emery. Look at me drinking on the job." She said feeling shameful. "It's okay Ms. Francine, can I make you some lunch?"

Francine smiled at the girl. Appreciative of her respect and understanding. "No, I'm fine I just came to drop this off" she reached into her purse pulling out a white envelope.

"What's this?" Emery asked, as she handed her the mail. "Your monthly bonus. No disrespect to you but to my surprise Silas hasn't had not one complaint about you, or your work. If anything it seems like he enjoys your company a lot more than he lets on" she confessed.

Her boss was smitten with Emery, it was no secret. Even if he tried to act like it was. And honestly she couldn't say he was wrong. Francine admired how beautiful the young lady was, with her chocolate skin and bold brown eyes. Her full pink lips.

The girl was gorgeous, and sweet. She was humble even. Emery opened the envelope, revealing a wade of cash, all in fresh hundreds. "Oh my god" she gasped.

"You'll get a cash advance every three months, as long as you keep up the good work. It's $5,000" she told her.

Emery couldn't believe it. On top of her regular pay, she had stacked over $15,000 in a month. Enough to get a new car, and more uniforms. She couldn't imagine touching this type of money working a 9-5 let along even getting close to it.

"'Emery are you alright, dear?" Francine questioned, while drowning the last of her drink. "Oh. I'm sorry. I'm fine, just really grateful to you and Mr. Brody" she said genuinely.

Francine smiled. "Oh and I'm also sorry you haven't heard from me in a while. I was overseas for Mr. Brody making sure his project was being completed." She explained. Emery hadn't even notice if she was being honest.

"Oh no, it's fine Ms. Francine really" the laddies talked a little longer, but even noticing the presence of their boss strutting through the front door.