19🧹

Emery pulled into the driveway, seeing Silas car still wasn't there. It was barely going on 8. Emery face was a mess, she was glad her lashes couldn't come off because they probably would've melted.

She unlocked the front door, her phone had been buzzing since she left. Piper had called a record number of times. Texting too, but she wouldn't hear it. She entered the house, and immediately noticed the rose petals on the floor.

They made a trail up the stairs, she followed it, it stopped at the bedroom. She opened the door and saw bouquets of roses all over the room. Her eyes lit up, the trail continued to the bathroom. She saw the bubble bath, it looked like it was just drawn.

She smiled to herself. A note laid on the sink.

'I'm sorry, I'm not home yet. Wait up for me please. I love you, my sweet girl.'
— S

Emery felt like he could feel her distress from miles away. She smiled, undressing. She put her hair up in her bonnet. Making sure to tie it down. She slid into the hot water, her body instantly relaxing at the smell of vanilla essential oil.

It didn't stop the hurt but it did help. She still cried, feeling like she was set up somehow. She hated that shit.

Silas walked through the front door, throwing his bag to the side

Silas walked through the front door, throwing his bag to the side. He heard the faint sound of music playing from upstairs. He climbed the staircase, entreating his bedroom. He was happy that he was able to get Francine to make this happen.

He didn't think these meetings would run to the middle of the night. But it was a problems with the materials he needed, not to mention two of his clients wanted to change their plans entirely.

He undid his tie, loosening the buttons to his shirt. Exposing his tattooed chest. Entering the bedroom, he saw a sleeping figure under the cover. Some commercial played in the back.

He also noticed the bathroom was cleaned up. Emery had left him a note this time.

'Hurry, and come to bed. I missed you'

The older man smiled, happily taking off his clothes to take a hot shower. He missed his girl all day, he didn't want her thinking he forgot about her, so he had to make sure she was taken care of.

The hot water cascaded down his body, as he rested his hands and head on the cool tile. "God I needed this" he breathe out, washing the stress off him.

He didn't hear the door open, or the shower door. He felt small hands wrapping around his large figure. "How was the party?" He questioned.

Emery let out soft sobs. Silas turned to face a puffy face, red eyed Emery. "Baby, what happened?" He questioned his concern through the roof.