Alanna Kennedy X Y/N ~The Call Up~

(A Requested Chapter ~ Y/N gets a call up to play for the Matilda's)

(Alanna Kennedy X Y/N) 🫶🏼

Y/N's POV

I'm sitting here, impatiently at my kitchen counter, in my apartment at 8:30AM, my legs are uncontrollably bouncing up and down as I wait hopefully, but nervously for my phone to ring or not at 9:00AM.

If I get this call, it means one thing, i'll be going to play in the world cup as a Matilda player but, even better, i'll get to be playing alongside my girlfriend Alanna, that would mean the absolute world to me, to us.

She's currently at club training in Manchester, she'll be back next week though for international duties, i'm just hoping that i'll be able to join her for it too, I miss her so much. She said she'd give me a call later on, regardless of time to see whether I get the call up or not.

The time-zone difference between us is really difficult at times, it's really hard to be able to speak to eachother, because one of us is either at training or it's too late to call, it sucks, but that's just how it is, we cope.

I was meant to be playing for the Matilda's senior team last year for the Cyprus cup, I got the call and I was absolutely ecstatic by it, but I ended up tearing my ACL, which automatically ended and shattered those Cyprus cup dreams for me.

To say I was upset was a massive understatement, I was absolutely heartbroken and distraught by my torn ACL.

The mental affect that it had on me was dreadful to say the least, I didn't really have anyone to be there for me, as Alanna was in Manchester, I don't have contact with my family anymore, since they cut me off after I'd told them about having a girlfriend, they pretty much disowned me for being gay.

I was left completely by myself, Alanna tried her best, to come home when she had time off, or call me when she could.

But I still had to learn to walk again, then eventually, but slowly, start exercising lightly, then slowly making my way back to jogging, then running, then training and running with a football at my feet, before eventually being allowed to be involved in full football training with the rest of the girls.

I had been off a lot longer than expected, due to the grade of the ACL injury, so I missed all of pre-season that's just passed.

And so, having been out for so long, and the new season has only just started, i've gone from always being in the starting 11, to now coming on for the last few minutes of a game if they needed a striker with a hard hitting left foot to score last minute winners if needed.

So, it's potential that it may jeopardise and crush my dreams of getting into the team, the no playing in pre-season, and only playing briefly in the new season that's just started.

I pull myself out of my thoughts by looking at my phone, 8:51AM, 9 more minutes I thought to myself. I fiddle around with my hands, not knowing what else to do with myself as I sit here waiting for that ringtone to hopefully blare out loud.

I zone out for a while, but, I was pulled out of my day-dreaming state as I heard my doorbell go. My head shot up, eyes directly staring at the door infront of me.

I take my phone with me as I slowly make my way to the door, I look at the time, 8:58, shit.

I get to my door, using the key to unlock it as I slowly open the door and am met with an individual stood there, with a box in hand, my eyes widen, my face drops, I can already feel the tears daring to spill from my eyes.

Alanna's POV

I stand at the door of my girlfriend, her face instantly drops and eyes widen in complete shock, tears streaming down her face.