Katie McCabe X Y/N~It Still Hurts~

TW// Brief mention of Suic* attempt.

Y/N's POV

Today, today is the day.

This day i've been dreading more than looking forward to, it is finally here.

Today is the champions league semi-final.

And it's Barcelona VS Arsenal.

God. Fucking. Help. Me.

I have to face her, and her.

Them two.

I don't know if I can do this.

I don't think I can do this.

I can't do this.

Fuck.

I have to face my ex fiancé, Katie, that's right, Katie McCabe, my ex fiancé, and her new "lover", rather, the girl she cheated on me with, no other than her Arsenal teammate, the aussie girl, Caitlin Foord.

Just the thought of her name makes my blood boil and makes me seethe to the core.

It's literally only been less than two months since I caught Katie cheating on me in our new home that we'd not long bought together, I'd come back from Barça to surprise her, and it was also not long after i'd proposed to Katie on our anniversary trip in Italy.

I know i'm most certainly not over it, over her, over any of it, but you'll never catch me admitting that out loud to anyone, over my dead body will I ever admit out loud how much I still love that girl and how much it still stings that she did that to me.

I have no choice but to face her today, she's a defender, i'm a striker, I cannot stand the fact that i've got to be in this close space with her for the next 90 so minutes.

"¿Estás listo y/n?" Alexia, our captain questioned, pulling me out of my deep thoughts, starting into space as we all sat in the changing room.

"Sí" I responded quietly, followed with a small sigh, standing up as I notice everyone else had also done, now heading out of the changing room to go and lineup in the tunnel.

I slowly followed on behind Lucy, one of my fellow international teammates, who was trailing behind Keira, and so on, she gives me a sympathetic look with a small smile, throwing her arm around my shoulder.

"You alright?" she asked quietly, I nodded, avoiding eye contact. "C'mon y/n/n, it's me you're talking to" Lucy then said, I simply replied, "Not now Luce" knowing if I talked about what was really on my mind, i'd likely have another one of my many recent breakdowns.

"Okay, but later, you're coming to mine and Kei's and we're having a much needed catch-up and chat, okay?" Lucy said sternly, squeezing my shoulder, with a small smile.

She could obviously see the hesitation in my eyes, from a look she gave me, obviously knowing I didn't really want to go over and pour my heart out to them.

"Y/n, that wasn't a question by the way, you're coming over" Keira then spoke up, joining our conversation and turning around, looking at us, I looked at her, giving her a weak smile, followed with a nod and a sigh, knowing that i'm definitely not getting out of this one.

Soon enough, it was time to walk out of the tunnel, and onto the pitch of Camp Nou, the champions league music was blaring as we stepped onto the pitch however, with over 100,000 fans packed the stadium, none of us could barely actually hear the music being played from the deafening cheers from the crowd.