Bethany England X Y/N~What If?~

Beth's POV

"what if we'd won?" Y/n suddenly asked as we layed comfortably in our shared bed, watching tellie.

"Hm?" I replied, confused on what she meant.

"What, like, do you think about what if we'd won the world cup instead?" Y/n then said more clearly.

I looked down at her, thinking of what to say as she layed her head on my chest, arms wrapped around my body as one of my arms was over her shoulders, pulling her in by the waist, holding her close to me.

"I- uh, I dunno. It's all just been too much to even think about to be honest"

"Have you been thinking about it?" I then asked, she looked at me, slightly biting her lip, before nodding.

"A lot. Like- I- I knew that going back to Barça afterwards was going to be hard, but I didn't think it would be as hard as it actually turned out to be. Like of course I am happy to see how happy my teammates there are, but it's still- it's still painful. After we all went back to club, all of us at Barça had this welcome home parade, to congratulate everyone, and it was to include everyone who'd won, and us, and everyone else for even playing in a world cup- but it still stung, it still hurt to see the gold medals- It sounds awful and selfish- I know, but-"

"Hey- hey, don't be daft, Y/n. Of course it's going to hurt, I think it will hurt forever, we will just learn to live with it, and it'll hurt less as time goes on, but it'll never go away. How you feel about it is 100% valid and okay, you have to move on and accept it in your own time babe, okay?" I said softly,

"Mhm, yeah. I honestly thought I was going to end up leaving the club immediately after going back. It was horrible, I didn't want to be there- seeing just how happy everyone was, except me, Luce n' Kei, but they had eachother when we got back"

"Well, you've got me- always. I know we don't get to be with eachother everyday and our time together is a lot more rare, but i'll always be here for you, don't ever forget that"

"Thank you, babe"

"Offer to come to Spurs still stands, just saying" I said with a laugh, trying to lighten the mood, but knowing full well what Y/n was going to say, and how she was going to react.

Y/n looked at me, eyes wide before giving me a look as in to say "really?" "Piss off. Once a gooner, always a gooner" Y/n said with a loud laugh and grin.

"Northhhh Londonnnn foreverrrr" Y/n started singing in my ear, I couldn't help but chuckle, "Yeah, yeah alright- I get it, you still love that club" I said, pulling her in closer to me.

"Of course I do- I played there for all my career- North London is RED" Y/n said, looking at me with a cheeky grin.

"Correction, white" I said back.

"Red"

"It's white"

"No- It's red"

"White- spurs own North London"

"It is red. End of. Come on you gooners"

"Come on you spurs"

"It's red, the last derby says it"

"It'll always remain white"

"No it won't, it never was, it never will be. Gooners own London as a whole"

"Still white"

"Red. End of discussion"

I stayed silent as I held a laugh in, let her think she'd won it.

"White" I said under a cough.

"Bethany, Do not even attempt to win an argument with me on this. North London, is RED"

This jokey argument went on and on, inbetween many laughs and smiles, tickling eachother, just overall lifting eachother's mood, something we both very much needed. Seeing Y/n smiling and hearing that beautiful laugh is something i'll never, ever get tired of hearing. I love this girl so, so much.

❤️🤍