Beth England X Y/N~It Will Always Be You Over Club Rivalry~

I love Beth England, I just love her. She's so underrated and unappreciated :( Can't wait for her to be fully recovered and back playing.

Beth's POV

"Ready girl, let's go" I shout as I lead my team out on the field ready for the North London Derby, Spurs V The Gunners, but also, myself vs y/n, my long-time girlfriend, a world class defender for the gunners.

As I lead my team out, alongside the opposition, the roar of the emirates was almost deafening, a sold out stadium, for the first NLD derby of the new season.

We all line-up, before eventually going to shake hands with the refs and then the Arsenal players, one by one quickly shaking their hands, last being y/n.

I just couldn't help myself but smile when I eventually got to her, however, she had her usual, stern, focused game face on.

I do a quick run before waiting for the rest of my girls to come to me, and eventually they do, I tell them to huddle as I then go to the refs waiting with Arsenal's captain for today, Katie McCabe, Y/N's closest friend.

Myself and Katie shake hands, handing eachother the pennants, then shaking hands with the refs. Katie gets given the first dibs on the coin toss, she picks heads, leaving me with tails.

Of course it lands on heads, Katie giving me a smirk before asking for kick-off, we shake hands one last time before jogging to our teams for a quick team talk.

Y/N's POV

The game starts with us kicking off, keeping the possession relatively well, most of the ball is being played in the spurs half, leaving me at the back, not having to do too much.

Eventually, the girls push forward, I make my way up just on the halfway line, keeping Beth there as she can't go anywhere else or she'll end up offside.

Katie takes the ball down the wing, hitting it with a zing into the box (I couldn't resist writing that, sorry lmao), but it was only just blocked and it went out for a corner.

Katie grabs the ball and goes to take the corner, I see a big gap in the centre that I could go into, I take the risk, sprinting as fast as possible to get to that spot, Katie noticed my run and was quick to belt it into the box, I jump up, getting a header on it, straight towards the goal, it bounced and went straight through the keepers legs, the back of the net rippled.

I immediately ran over to Katie, jumping onto her and the rest of the girls joined us in the corner, celebrating as the Emirate's erupted into cheers and celebrations.

"What a fuckin' goal y/n" I hear a strong Irish accent shout. "What a fuckin ball in" I responded laughing, giving her a cheeky wink before we make our way back to our half to restart the game.

As soon as we're back into our positions, game face was already back on knowing how much spurs are going to put pressure on to get a goal back.

However, spurs were struggling to keep possession when in our half as our pressure was a lot more firm, I eventually managed to get the ball out of our half, kicking it long distance for Alessia to make a run, and she does, just about managing to stay onside.

She runs down the ball as some of the girls go down as well to give Less support if needed, but of course she didn't.

Less gave the ball a cheeky chip over a defender and a keeper, we all just stood and watched as the ball rolled graceful into the back of the net, all of us running straight to Lessi, she makes her way to me, "Thanks for that l/n" she says with a big grin on her face.

"Crackin' goal lessi" I say, unsure if she could even hear me from the crowd, already chanting "we've got lessi russo" which gave her a massive smile.