Lucy Bronze X Keira Walsh X Y/N~Passing Out 2~

Y/N's POV

"Lance Corporal Bronze, You're going on Operation Pitting as part of the medical team attached to 16 assault brigade. You leave on August 14th. This operation is strictly confidential. You are allowed to tell your family that you'll be going on operations, but you must not disclose where you are going, how long for, and contact whilst on operation's will not be allowed, understood?" one of my CO's, Captain Smith said strictly as I sat in her office after being pulled in.

"Yes, Ma'am" I replied, giving a small nod too.

"Thank you. That is all" She said before I stood up, and left her office. I made my way down the corridors and out the CO's mess, and outside.

I took a deep breath. Taking everything all in. It was happening. It's actually
happening. I'm going on my first actual operation.

I've completed my CMT training seven months ago, I turned 18 a month later, got my first promotion, to Lance Corporal two months after turning 18.

So far i've been to Cyprus, Estonia, Germany and Poland. But all of those deployments were excersises, so nothing really exciting or anything where i've had to actually do my
job as a medic.

But now, now it was Operation Pitting.

In Afghanistan.

A highly confidental operation that has been in planning for years since the war over there first kicked off.

We were all told about Operation Pitting when we started Phase two, as it was a possibility of it happening sometime soon.

And that sometime is now next week. But only us going on this operation know of it's existence as well as the MoD.

This was the evacuation operation. The main objective of this op was to evacuate as many British nationals and eligible Afghans from the war zone.

Us being in Kabul is going to be announced by the Prime Minister the day we arrive. However, details as to why were there will remain highly confidential.

And that's when my mother's are very likely to put two and two together and figure out where I am, as I've just been told that I cannot tell them where i'm going, and i'll have no contact with them for god knows how long.

However, I am very excited for this operation. I've been itching to get out and get on a proper operation. This will hopefully be a good one to remember.

But now, i've got the task of going from where I am now, Colchester, Garrison, up to Manchester to see my parents before coming back and prepping to leave.

I got back to my room, and packed my bags for the weekend, got myself changed and then headed straight to the car park, getting in my car and setting off back to Manchester, back home.

Keira's POV

"What do you fancy for tea tonight, Kei?" Luce asked me from the kitchen as I led comfortably on the sofa. "I don't mind, Luce" I replied, Lucy hummed in response before I heard her going through the cupboards, presumably looking for something to make.

Not too long after, Lucy plopped herself down next to me on the sofa, sighing. "You alright?" I said, and she nodded. "Need to go shopping in the morning, takeaway tonight then?" She questioned with a small chuckle, and I laughed, before responding, "You mean you can't be arsed to cook", Lucy chuckled again before nodding.

After settling on something to order, we led comfortably, on the sofa, watching tellie.

Until the door knocked. I got up off Lucy to get it, which made her groan, "That can't be food surely, practically just ordered it" She mumbled and I shrugged as I walked down the hallway to the door.

I opened the door, and to my surprise, I was met with our daughter, smiling widely. "Oh my- hi- hello- y-you, come here, coke here" I said, grabbing her and pulling her in for a tight hug.

"Kei, who is it?" Lucy shouted from the corridor, Y/n separated herself from me and put her finger to her lips, gesturing for me to be quiet, which I did as she crept through the hallway of our home and slowly made her way into the living room, which instantly caught Lucy's attention.

She jumped straight up from the sofa and practically rugby tackled our daughter for a colossal hug, planting kisses all over her head.

"Wha- what- are you doing up here?" Lucy said as she let Y/n go, pulling her and me to sit on the sofa.

Y/n chuckled lightly, "I uh- I- I'm um, i'm going away again" she said softly, looking nervously at myself and her Mum.

"Wha, where to now? Poland last time wasn't it?" I asked, and she nodded. "Yeah, but I'm not going back there" she then said, fiddling about with her hands.

"What's up? you seem nervous" Lucy said cautiously, and Y/n looked at her, a somewhat guilty look on her face.

"Y/n, what's up?, where you off?" Lucy then asked, grabbing Y/n's hand and holding it in her own.

"See- well, that's the thing. I'm going on an operation, but i've been strictly told that I can't say where, because of it's sensitivity and things" Y/n said, frowning as she looked between myself and Lucy.

"Right- but- right okay, how long for?" Lucy then asked, and Y/n shrugged her shoulders, "I don't know yet". "Can't you just tell us, it's not like they'll know you told us" I said, and quickly she shook her head.

"No. Jus- it'll be on the tellie soon enough, but I just can't say it out loud" Y/n said, her voice sounded guilty and apologetic. "How long for then?" Lucy asked quietly, and once again, she shrugged her shoulders, "I haven't a clue at the moment".

"What about contact?" I then asked quietly, exchanging looks between her and Lucy, and she shook her head, "We've been prohibited from taking phones or having contact with any family or friends whilst we're there" Y/n said, frowning again.

"I'm sorry" She added on sadly after a brief moment of silence. "Are- are you gonna be alright? like wherever it is, will you be okay?" Lucy asked, more worriedly in her tone. Y/n gave us a weak smile, "Yeah i'll be fine, tough is the middle name ya know" she said with a small chuckle, as did myself and Lucy chuckle lightly.

"I'll be alright. I promise" she said before getting up and throwing herself inbetween myself and Lucy, pulling us both in for a hug.

"I love you both" she whispered, pulling us closer to her. Myself and Lucy wrapped our arms around her, both replying with "I love you too" in sync, as we hugged tightly.

Our girl should be fine.