Sofie Lundgaard X Y/N ~The Merseyside Derby~

Sofie's POV

*Full time whistle goes*

My head instantly hangs low, hurt by our loss, we've just lost our game 1-0 against our rivals, Everton.

Our new WSL season had been great so far, up until today that is. We had a goal, that was disallowed, my opinion is that, that was bullshit, it should've been a goal.

They completely dominated us on our home ground, we tried to maintain pressure, but they would just easily get through us.

After I quickly shake hands with the opposition, I instantly started darting my eyes for one person in particular,   y/n, my girlfriend.

Eventually my eyes find her, sat on our benches, head in hands as her knees bounce up and down at a fast rate.

I slowly make my way over to my clearly upset girlfriend. I take a seat beside her, resting my one hand on her knee, rubbing it gently with my thumb, which causes her head to lift up.

"It's okay y/n, it's okay" I say softly, she just shakes her head at me though.

"No, no it's not. I should've marked her, I could've stopped her getting that header in, it's my fault, we've had such a great start of the new season, and I had to be the one to go and fuck it all up for us" y/n huffs out, running her hands through her messy hair, getting more and more frustrated.

"No y/n, that's not true, no-one could've stopped that header going in, simple as. It's not your fault my love" I say calmly.

"It's football, it happens okay? we win together, we draw together, we lose together, all as a team. We will use this as a learning opportunity, all together, and we will all improve together, okay?" I say softly but sternly, hoping that y/n would take what I said on board.

She just nods her head in response, I then stand up, grabbing her hand and pulling her off with me to go into the huddle that was now forming with the rest of our team.

Once we'd finished with the huddle, we all separated and made our way through the tunnel and into the changing rooms.

Most of the girls dart towards the showers, except y/n, she's already almost fully changed into her tracksuit, hood up and headphones on. She just quickly slips her shoes on before she looks up at me.

"I'm gonna shower at home instead" y/n said, practically whispering, I nod in response, quickly getting myself changed into my tracksuit, so now we're matching.

I slip on my sliders, put my bag on my back and I take her hand into mine as we walk out of the changing room and out of the back entrance of the stadium towards the car park.

We get to y/n's car, and so she unlocks it, taking my bag from me as she puts them into the back and then goes around to the drivers side, getting in, and so I get in next to her.

The drive home was a very quiet one, not a word was said between us, no radio on as we usually would have, just dead silence, other than the passing cars.

Once we arrive back home, y/n is quick to jump out of the car, going to the back and getting our bags before heading towards the front door of our house. I get out and slowly follow on behind her, she passes me the keys to lock up as she immediately heads upstairs.

I just stand in the living room for a moment, not really knowing what to do for a minute. I then decide it's best if I should make us some dinner, we need to have something after all of that exercise we've just done.

As I settle on deciding to make us a stir fry, y/n's favourite.

I hear the shower upstairs on, noting to myself that y/n's jumped into the shower.

Before I started cooking our food, I decided on going upstairs myself to have a shower, using the guest room as I didn't want to bother or annoy y/n by coming in with her.

(Short Time Skip)

I get out of the shower, instantly wrapping a towel around myself, then heading into mine and y/n's bedroom to grab myself some clean, comfortable clothes. I settled on a pair of shorts and one of y/n's hoodie's which I'm always taking from her.

I notice our bathroom door is open as I change, I quickly park my head through to see y/n's no longer in there, she must have gone back downstairs I thought to myself.

Once I get changed, I put my hair up into a messy bun, and I make my way back downstairs and back into our kitchen, and that's when I see y/n stood at the cooker, making food.

She must have heard me come in,
because her head turns and she gives me a small smile as she then turns to carry on cooking the food i'd gotten out the fridge before I went to shower.

I decided to let her be, making my way into our living room, I sat myself down comfortably on the sofa, wrapping one of our blankets around my legs for more warmth and comfort.

Eventually, y/n comes in, two plates in her hands, she sets them down on the small table infront of the sofa before leaving again and then coming back with two drinks for us both.

She sits herself down next to me, "Thank you, my love" I say as I pick up my plate and start eating.

Again, we sat in silence, we never sat in silence unless one of us was really hurt or annoyed about something, and of course, y/n is mentally punching herself about today's game.

Once we'd finished food, we both put our plates onto the table infront of us, I went to grab them both to wash, but before I could even stand up properly, I felt a hand grab my waist gently.

Y/N pulled me back down, and so I sat back down, looking at her, her eyes looking bloodshot and drained, which made me feel horrible.

I gave her a weak smile before I pulled her head into my chest, she immediately wraps both her arms around my waist, tucking her head into my chest as much as she could.

I grab the blanket next to me, wrapping it over our bodies that were as close to eachother as humanly possible.

I feel y/n plant a few small kisses on my neck as her breathing starts to calm down, I use my one hand to rest over her abdomen, my other is at the back of her head, giving gentle scratches, which she's always loved, it's a soft spot for her.

Eventually, I can her small snores coming from my girlfriend, she looks so peaceful, but also, absolutely exhausted, both physically and mentally, again, that really hurts to see, she's so hard on herself at times. She's one of the best players in the world, and yet, she'll do her best to find any sort of way to criticise herself for even the smallest things.

I plant a delicate kiss on her head, "I love you  y/n" I whispered as I drifted off into a long, deep sleep as well.