Alexia Putellas X Y/N~Don't Apologise, You've Earned This~

No-One's POV

"And the Féminin Ballon D'or goes to, Alexia Putellas"

The second place was Y/n L/n of FC Barcelona and England and third place went to Beth Mead of Arsenal and England.

Y/n's POV

I couldn't help but have the biggest smile on my face, I look to Alexia sat next to me, she looks at me, almost surprised at the announcement but quickly stands up, she looks at me, with what seems, like a small frown, weird I thought.

She then reached out for my hand, giving it a quick squeeze before leaving and heading onto the stage to accept her Ballon D'or.

They went on to show a long video montage of everything she'd done, right from a kid, playing in a park with her Father, to playing for the Barça academy, then the first team.

All the awards she's won, the list of all of her accolades are truly endless, but seeing all the clips of them, it truly made my heart swell with so much pride and happiness seeing how much she has achieved and is being recognised for. Nobody deserves this award more than my girl,

my girl.

Eventually, the video stops, and Ale gives a long, beautiful, touching and overall perfect acceptance speech, that no-one could have done any better on.

She gets a standing ovation as she lifts the trophy one last time, I quickly take out my phone, taking a whole load of photos from my seat, beaming with so much pride for Ale as she makes her way off stage.

After the Men's ballon D'or, the ceremony finished rather quickly, and everyone was getting up from their seats, I spot my England teammate, Meado, and I have a brief chat with her before we departed from eachother's company and I make my way to go and find Ale.

I managed to finally get out of the ceremony hall, and out to the back where all the photographers, interviewers and some players were, being photographed and interviewed.

I look around for a little while before eventually spotting Alexia being interviewed as cameras behind a small barrier flash straight at her holding the iconic award in her two hands.

I slowly make my way over to her, and stand off to the side for a moment, not wanting to let her see me and interrupt her. However, I find myself being called away, for interviews, I accept and make my way over, now stood not too far infront of Alexia being interviewed.

"Heya Y/n, how are you?"

"Yeah i'm good, thanks" I said with a smile.

"So, just now, we saw Alexia Putellas announced as the Féminin Ballon D'or winner, can I ask what was your reaction to Alexia winning?"

"Yeah, yeah of course. I'm super proud of her, she's been through so much to get to where she is, and she has definitely more than earned it. And so, playing with Ale at club for the last few years, I can say first handedly that she has worked her absolute hardest to get to where she is. I'm super proud of her, as a friend not just a teammate. She's an incredible player, but first and foremost a kind, caring, dedicated, and loyal friend. So- yeah, super- super proud of her"

"That's really sweet to hear, Of course, you were nominated as well, and ranked second, how do you feel about that?"

"Yeah it's really great, honestly. To even be recognised on a Ballon D'or list, regardless of the place, it's an absolute honour and dream since I were a kid. So like, yeah, i'm just grateful to even just be here tonight amongst some true legends of the game, and to be recognised as one of those places is a massive bonus for me"

"Gracias, Y/n"

"Gracias" I replied before turning around to see Alexia stood behind me to the side slightly.

My smile instantly widened.

"We're you listening in on that?"

"Sí, mi amor" Alexia replied, my smile only widened more.

"You ready to get outta here?" I asked, and Ale nodded in response, grabbing my hand, holding on to my fingers as she led the way around everyone and out the back, to where a car was waiting for us.

I opened the door for Ale and held her free hand as she climbed into the back of this black SUV before getting in myself and closing the door and the car pulled off.

The drive was quiet, Ale was looking out of the window on her side, trophy in the middle seat, and I was sat on the other side, admiring her as she admired the beauty of Paris, our hands still connect as she stayed tugging on to my fingers.

I snaked my hand up more, taking her whole hand into mine, giving it a gentle squeeze, her head turns to look at me, a small smile appeard on her lips.

"Te amo, mi amor" I said quietly, and Ale squeezed my hand before replying with, "Te amo, querida".

"I'm so proud of you Ale"

"Gracias, Y/n. I'm super proud of you"

Eventually we arrive back at our hotel in Paris, a beautiful sight of the Eiffel Tower in the distance, it was perfect.

As soon as we both got into our room, we both collapsed on the Queen sized bed and led peacefully, looking up at the ceiling, our hands still holding as we enjoyed eachother's company.

"Y/n. I-" Alexia whispered but she quickly cut herself off.

"Ale?"

"I- I'm sorry, Mi amor" Alexia whispered to me, I looked over to her next me, confused at what she's saying sorry for.

"Hm? What you saying sorry for Ale?"

"Me- me, winning, I- I, It should- it should've been you to win tonight Y/n. You deserved that, I already have one of these. You deserved it more than anyone else"

I looked at her, shocked and confused, before speaking up.

"Ale no- no, just no. Nobody tonight deserves that award more than you. You have had one hell of a year, you are literally the worlds best player, and you continue to amaze everyone with how good you are. But also, you're so much more than a footballer baby, you're an incredible person. You inspire others on and off the pitch, from me to your teammates, friends, family, fans and literally millions all across the world. Ale, so many people look up to you and admire you as a person and as a player, for all you do for the sport. Even off the pitch, you have a massive impact, and to be able to do that, it- it's truly remarkable babe. Don't ever apologise for achieving such an incredible award, because you've earned this. More than anyone Ale. I don't want to hear any of that nonsense from you, tonight is all about you, my love"

Alexia looked deeply into my eyes, tears slowly coming out, "No, no, baby, please don't cry, please. I'm sorry. I didn't mean to make you cry" I quickly ushered out as I sat up, pulling her close to me, resting her head on my chest.

"No- I- it's not that Y/n- I just, I wasn't expecting you to say something that beautiful- I- wow. Thank you, mi amor, it means a lot, really" Alexia replied, lifting her head up, leaning in to kiss me, which I gladly accepted, Alexia gently grabbed my cheek with her one hand, deepening our kiss as she then sat herself up, and proceeded to straddle my lap.

Alexia's arms, wrapped around my neck as mine snaked around her waist and rested on her hips.

After a while, the kiss broke off into pecks before we fully separated for air.

"I am so proud of you, and I love you so much, Alexia Putellas Segura"

"Gracias, Mi amor. Te amo mucho, Y/n M/n L/n"

🫶🏼🫶🏼🫶🏼

I miss Alexia ball so much