Thirty-Eight

Warning: I personally don't ship any Idols mentioned in the story. I'm not implying anyone's sexuality. It was purely for story purpose, please understand.

                           ~AJ

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Namjoon was on his way to the airport

Namjoon was on his way to the airport. Everyone could see he was upset while he bid goodbyes. He hated that he was forced to be away from home, and his family which is back on track.

He was sulking in the car. He couldn't show his distress when he saw his brothers and sister upset.

Something wasn't sitting right about this trip to Namjoon. His father was uncharastically weird and urgent. The return of Ki-young had shaken their father, why? He doesn't know. He has to find out.

"This isn't the way to the airport," Namjoon stated when the car took a different route and entered a pocket road.

"Someone is chasing us. The head guard told me to take this route." The driver informed while speeding the car.

True to his words two cars were chasing them. The car of guards escorting them was keeping them intact for now. The guard in his car and Namjoon took out their guns and got ready. Before Namjoon could alert anyone or call backup his car was blocked by a truck. In a blink of an eye, the driver and the guard were shot dead. Namjoon tried to fight, he even shot down 4 of them but he was helpless when they injected him with something. Everything was a blur, before the blackout.

When he opened his eyes dazed he was stripped out of all of his trackers and devices. Even the secret one, suspicious. The chair he was tied into didn't give out like the previous one. He was injected with something a couple of times after that, his brothers were taking their sweet time finding him, and he was tortured a fair amount, without knowing why or who kidnapped him. He wasn't sober most of the time actually.

When he was even a little coherent he was met with a figure with a mask, which he knew, but couldn't remember. He could understand only one thing: the masked figure was here to get him out, before he could become happy the person was hit by the man who was standing there. It must have hurt a lot, Namjoon winced in sympathy, at least in his mind. The familiar voice when the person. ('she' his mind supplied helpfully) cursed was too familiar to him, his head hurt trying to remember it. It only crashed into him when he heard the nickname. Then another man whom he later recognized as Yoongi hyung came and took him from her. He passed out once his mind felt safe.

Everyone was silent after Namjoon explained. There wasn't anything helpful, considering Namjoon was blacked out most of the time. But something was suspicious and Beom-soo has answers for most of their questions. After a serious talk, and negotiation they decided to keep Y/N's identity themselves and corner their father for an answer. Turning a blind eye won't do any good considering the opponent is getting this bold.

Finding some alone time with Beom-soo was harder than they expected. It took nearly a week to bring all seven of them (Y/N on the phone) and their father under one roof in private. That being their dining table having dinner,Y/N and Cho-hee were on their girls-only outing for bonding. ( they were at a spa for a massage giving Y/N privacy to listen in on the conversation.)

"What's it Namjoon?" Boemsoo's voice can be heard on the earpiece. He sounded annoyed if Y/N came to guess.

"What are you hiding from us, Dad?" Namjoon blurred out, suddenly called out on his staring

Namjoon knew he was staring at his father for quite some time, But he was constructing how to start the conversation in his head. Namjoon was always nervous to start a conversation with his father, even if he didn't show it outside. Always watching what he says, how to say, how much to say. He doesn't know why or when these habits started, sometimes he wished to be like his younger brother who could just talk about what's on their mind as it is. 

His father seemed as surprised as he was but had a contemplating look.
"Don't you think you had hidden enough? Whatever you are adamant about hiding is also affecting us." Yoongi asked.

"We are sick of acting like nothing is going on when there is an elephant in the center of the fucking room," Hoseok said seriously, earning several side eyes from his brothers for the cursing.

"Hoseok, don't curse in front of dad. Dad, we should move this talk to studies. I think it will be a long talk." Namjoon intervened knowing this could have been escalated differently knowing his father hated when one of them cursed while talking to him. The tone Namjoon used was authoritative, leaving no room for an excuse, demanding. Boem-soo it wasn't his son, Namjoon was speaking to him as Bangtan's leader. Boem-soo knows he has no choice, it is time for the past to come to life.

"To tell you all that, we need to go somewhere first," Boem-soo said.

============================

Thank you for reading.

Please vote and comment.

Sorry for my poor English.