Forty

Warning: I personally don't ship any Idols mentioned in the story. I'm not implying anyone's sexuality. Everything is purely for the story. Please understand.

~AJ

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Yoongi doesn't know what to feel looking at the folder containing his biological family's details. Yoongi and Hoseok have vague memory of their families, unlike the maknaes. Yoongi doesn't remember their faces or names, but he remembers having an older brother, his mother's green hair tie she always wore, and his father's mole on his pointy finger. He had several nightmares in childhood about the attack, the memories surface once in a while.

The first thing Yoongi did when he had the power and sources was search about his family. What actually happened that night? Did anyone survive? Who attacked them? Why? Many questions. But none of them got answered because he couldn't reach anywhere, and every time it led him to dead ends. Boem-soo had covered them perfectly.

Family was always a sensitive subject because of that. They know the pain of losing them in front of their eyes. Even if it isn't detailed, four of the elders still have vague memories of the attack. The fear, confusion, loud noises, and cries, they can remember them if tried hard. Now that he has the answers to all his questions at hand, Yoongi feels overwhelmed.

When the brothers reached home at first they tried to give each of them their privacy but none of them wanted to revive it alone, they wanted to be vulnerable together. Hence here they are in the living room, Y/N was also there.

After failing Rock Paper Scissors, Yoongi had to go first. With a lot of hesitation, Yoongi opened the folder with shaking hands. On the first page, there was a photo of a family of four. It was completely silent while Yoongi was engrossed by his parents' faces. He was a baby there, they looked happy, and his brother looked annoyed. Tears were rapidly flowing from Yoongi's eyes, followed by a choked sob. Everyone has tears in their eyes seeing their strongest brother crying.

Even if the files contain only the basic information of their parents and siblings along with a family photo it meant an entire world for them being in dark for more than a decade.

The others weren't any better, everyone was so emotional and vulnerable by the time they went through all the files. They were all emotionally drained, so they silently agreed to discuss further about all these later, when they all are in a much clearer headspace. Y/N promised to run those names in her system for any new information.

The discussion didn't come that easily, they hesitated to approach each other. Three days later the eight of them were called to their parents' house, and Beom-soo dropped a bomb, a nuclear bomb in the shape of a news. And that called for an immediate meeting after leaving there.

The scene they entered wasn't pretty. Both their parents look stressed and worn out. Like their life has been sucked out of them. Their parents were a fidgeting mess. Cho-hee latched on to Y/N's side from the moment they arrived, like she would have disappeared any second.

"Hyun-Jun contacted me some days ago. He still wants to go with the marriage proposal, but instead of Do-yun the groom will be Ki-young." Beom-soo informed them.

"What nonsense are they spitting now? He is at least 14 years older than her. How could they come up with such an absurd thing?" Jungkook asked in disbelief.

"We don't have a choice here, Jungkook. It's the only compromise they are willing to spare us. I am at a tough spot here." Beom-soo replied.

"Why? Why do we have to compromise her for my doing? They should have come against me if they wanted revenge." Namjoon asked.

"Yes, You killed his son, but for her, they know that." Came Beom-soo's reply.

"I disagreed with him and we fought. Should have known Hyun-Jun played dirty, we are already suffering Namjoon-ah." Beom-soo said, referring to him and Cho-hee. "They won't settle for anything less." He added.

"Disagreed? Past tense? Are you telling us you agreed with him now? Why? How can you?" Jimin asked, perplexed by their father's behavior.

"Hyun-Jun was close to me for many years and he has information. Which can be used against me, us. I'm doing this to protect us all, they know where to hit to hurt us the most." Beom-soo tried to explain desperately.

"Y/N, sweetie, you know how hard your mom worked to become who I am today. How much I had to sacrifice, how hard it was, you know everything. You know what I had to go through before I met your dad. I can't just lose it all now baby. You would be okay, just agree with the marriage for now, we would come up with anything by the time. We are a little out of the depth now. Please." Cho-hee tried to convince Y/N who was silent throughout the entire conversation.

"You two are scared of them now, how would you come up with a solution later? What would you do if they wanted the marriage to be tomorrow? You will not have time and would it be your next excuse?" Seokjin asks.

"We will deal with the consequences together, Dad. We are not sacrificing her or anyone for anything. We had lost enough loved ones in life to add one more." Yoongi reasoned.

"Please Y/N. Only you can save us. You know how helplessness feels when our family is at stake and there is nothing one can do. I am feeling like that now, but you have the power, please help us out." Cho-hee asked emotionally with tears in her eyes, which was affecting Y/N successfully.

"Stop it. How could you just give out your own daughter to them just like that? Is your business and status more important than her?" Taehyung intervenes immediately, seeing Y/N crumbling under her mother's plea. He can't allow that, they can go against their father to any extent, but can't do anything if Y/N agrees with them.

"Enough. I called here to tell you all about the marriage. I don't want your permission for this. Y/N will be getting married to Ki-young. It's final." Beom-soo ordered. Uh-Oh. How interesting, the brothers smirked in secret knowing what was to come. Cho-hee pursued her lips in a thin line, and looked at her husband in disappointment, she had a defeated look.

"Oh." Came Y/N's reply. She detached from her mother's side and stood in front of Beom-soo.

"I would like to see you try." She challenges him. One thing Y/N hates the most is getting ordered around, and Beom-soo has done the exact same thing.

"I will not marry anyone you are suggesting. If it causes problems for your business, deal with it. I am your daughter, after all, I should be your priority. If it endangers your life, I will try my hardest to protect you. I won't be doing anything other than." She made herself clear. Beom-soo held her wrist before she could move away.

"This isn't the time to be stubborn. My son's life is at risk here because of you, and I prior his life over yours. You are marrying Ki-young." Beom-soo declared and pulled her to take her somewhere. Before Beom-soo could take a step Namjoon was in front of him, detaching his hands from Y/N's wrist and standing between them. Yoongi and Hoseok joined soon standing at their brother's sides, all of them tensed positioned Beom-soo familiar with but first time standing at this side of it. The maknaes had taken Y/N into their own little barrier already. Seokjin stood between the two lines.

"Now Dad, we don't get physical in the family and Y/N is our family. As she said, no one is getting married to anyone. I have them to support me in the fight, I can't say the same for you If you behave like this anymore. Come to your senses. Okay? See you later. Call me if anything important we are leaving." Namjoon said in a calm voice with a smile and left. Beom-soo realized he wasn't talking to his son Namjoon, it was a brother moreover it was Bangtan's leader Rm.

========================

Three consecutive updates 😲. Anyways hope you enjoyed.

Thank you for reading my work.

Please vote and comment.

Sorry for the poor English.