Thirty-Nine

Warning: I personally don't ship the mentioned idols nor implying anyone's sexuality. It's purely for the story please understand that.

~AJ

Previous chapter was a filler after the long gap. Here goes the main one. 😉.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

The place that they were taken to was the Kim estate. Where their grandfather lived, their father grew up. The place was well maintained just like any other building they own. The seven boys had only visited here a couple of times in their entire life.

They were led to a room by their father, their grandfather's office by the look of it. Boem-soo stood leaning against the office desk while the rest took their seats in the chairs and couch in front of him. Their grandfather was a family man if the numerous photos hanging in the room indicated anything.

What surprised them was their father's photo, when he was young, hugging their grandfather and having a wide smile, wearing a uniform.

Pause.

Uniform

A police uniform with a certificate in hand. ( the said certificate was framed and hung among them.)

There was more, with his sister, colleges.

Boem-soo laughed at the identical shocked-surprised look on his sons' faces.

"It's a long story, brace yourself." Boem-soo started.

"This begins even before you all are born. As you all know, Kims didn't just come to the business world yesterday. It was created by my great-grandfather, passed to his son, my grandfather who gambled everything and all he left for my father was debts. The outer world only saw the polished version of Kim's. But we had to struggle a lot to earn all these you see today. I wanted to become a police officer, different from the business background I had. And I did, even though the salary wasn't great I made connections and power. Little by little with mine and my sister's jobs along with our father's determination we were able to recover our company. Business wasn't my cup of tea, it was my sister's world and she took over after our father's sudden death."

"Now, you can guess how we have the police force on our side. I wasn't just a policeman, later I was selected to the national special team, and it was undercover work. Our first mission was to catch the illegal drug market which was spreading rapidly in our country at that time." Boem-soo said and took a photo out of the drawer and extended toward them. In the photo Beom-soo sat with 4 other men, all of them in their early twenties. Having a meal with the widest smile on their face.

"Shin Ha-min, Min Tae-gu, Jung Sung-il, Park Hae-joon, Jeon Bo-hyuk. We five were the team." Beom Soo said, pointing to each member. There was a tense silence in the air, seven of them holding their breath for Beom-Soo's next words. Hoping for something, anything.

" Four of you know you have adopted the similarities in the names isn't just a coincidence," Boem-soo said, as he read their thoughts.

"We were a great team, our achievements, and mission spoke it all. But more than anything we were best friends we had each other's back. We were young, fearless, and daring, the adrenaline was ecstatic for us. But everything crashed when we lost Ha-min on a mission." Beom Soo continued not giving anyone a second to interfere, not that anyone wanted to.

"We were after someone powerful, a human organ trafficking mafia. We had to lose one of us to finally have our eyes open. The entire criminal we locked up was released soon after, and only the people at the end got punished, to trick the public. We were restricted by law after law to do anything. We realized we have more power to change society if we are on the other side."