42.Family

📍NorBrook JA|Marcia Williams

📍NorBrook JA|Marcia Williams.|

"Jesus christ marcia done cry now and drink e likkle tea nuh?.From morning mi a try wid yuh.Atleast tek one sip."My mother said complaining as i coughed continuing to cry.

I know me bawling my eyes out wont bring her back but i feel guilty.

Before everything happened she herself even admited that she doesn't think i like her because of how i speak to her.How my body and mind responds.

That was never the case.

She always preferred her father more and i accepted that.I was a bad mother to her and it was obvious.And i tried fixing it by letting her do what she wants but that failed too.

I failed her.

I disappointed her.

And worst of all

I broke her.

Yuh cya just a blame yuh self fi everything?!.

Most of it was never our fault.Your only feeling this way because of the pain.

Sighing my mother sat down on the bed beside me where i was laying down.

"Mi just affi see wid yuh yaa.."

"Mi know she did a yuh one seed but yuh cya kill off yuhself and gone leff me too.She ago always deh inna we heart enuh cia?,And mi know daniella wouldn't want we a kill off we self wid har."My mother told me rubbing my back in circles.

Sniffling i blew my nose in my rag before speaking."Mummy..we know yuh just a hide the pain behind a smile but we cya do that..Hold everything in knowning we a hurt inside?.Mi just cya dweet mummy."I told her honestly as more tears slipped from my eyes.

"Well..mek mi tell yuh sum mi daughter.Ever since my father get shot right infront a me i've been immune to these things.But mi always kotch a one corner and let it go sometimes.Mi can hide di pain yes..but not for long.It always ago come out no matter what."She spoke.

"But hear wah mi always say to mi self?,"She began starring in my tear filled eyes and i stared back in hers that were now filled with tears.

"Don't remember them with sadness.Don't remember them with tears..Remember them with all the laughter we've shared throughtout the years."She finished her voice breaking.

"Anuh tek dem tek har weh from we mi baby..she reached the end of the road.She reached as far as she could go."She spoke again now hugging me as i sobbed even louder from her words.

I could hear her sniffling but i couldn't even focus on that.

I was too busy crying for my daughter.

Daniella..

Why did you leave us?.