Chapter: 31

As both kai and ruby, was able to tell their story and seeing that the scene matched up to what they said, they were just given a quick warning by the general as he patted them both in shoulder and told them to enjoy the night.

As they were walking back, ruby was humming the music the team adamas sang, as kai was busy patting his coat taking the singe marks.

Say kai, you said you can sing right?" Ruby said as kai hummed in acknowledgment.

Can you?" She mumbled, as kai looked back. "Can i sing a song?"

Yes do can we do it in our room?" She said as kai only nodded with a smile. As they returned their weapons and moved toward their team dorm.

So what do i sing, or should i choose" kai said as he put his coat on the table. "You should choose kai, anything is okay for me"

Then i'll sing a song that was my sister's favorite" he said a smile of nostalgia, as he prepared himself and coughing bit stopped when a knock was heard, as kai moved to open it as ruby was sitting on weiss bed taking off her heels.

As kai opened it he saw his friend dante looking back at him. "What happened we saw that you were not their and was wondering where you were"

He said as kai explained what happened as dante hummed, as he glanced to the left and saw a expectant ruby as smile formed his lips and looked at kai with a knowing look.

Seeing this kai looked at his friend confused as Dante gave him his guitar, saying that he just about to return it back to their dorm but he was willing lend it to him as he leaned in and whispered.

I cheering for you old friend" he whispered with a cat like smug look as kai glared at him with a hint of red forming in his cheeks, as kai slammed the door as laughter rang out behind it.

Sorry about, well shall i begin team leader" he said as ruby nodded, as he opened the guitar case as he sighed still remembering what dante said as he adjust the guitar to his need.

Well this song was named until i found her, it was one of my sisters and mothers favorite" he said as he played the guitar, as ruby silently listened.

Georgia, wrap me up in all your
I want you in my arms
Oh, let me hold you
I'll never let you go again like I did
Oh, I used to say

I would never fall in love again until I found her
I said, "I would never fall unless it's you I fall into"
I was lost within the darkness, but then I found her
I found you

Georgia, pulled me in, I asked to
Love her once again
You fell, I caught you
I'll never let you go again like I did
Oh, I used to say

I would never fall in love again until I found her
I said, "I would never fall unless it's you I fall into"
I was lost within the darkness, but then I found her, I found you

I would never fall in love again until I found her
I said, "I would never fall unless it's you I fall into"
I was lost within the darkness, but then I found her, I found you

That's beautiful kai" ruby said with smile, as she hummed alongside kai when he was singing. "Should i continue?"

Please do, you have a really beautiful voice" she said as kai only smiled back, as he searched for a music to sing.

As he smiled and used his scroll to send ruby the lyrics as ruby looked at it confused. "If you want to sing along, then go ahead"

But I'm not really, a good singer" a embarrassed ruby said, as kai only smiled. "Its okay just have fun and enjoy"

As he started playing the guitar, as ruby was quite liking the tune.

[You could never know what it's like
Your blood like winter freezes just like ice
And there's a cold lonely light that shines from you]
[You'll wind up like the wreck you hide behind that mask you use"]

[And did you think this fool could never win?]
[Well, look at me, I'm a-coming back again]
[I got a taste of love in a simple way
And if you need to know while I'm still standing you just fade away]

[Don't you know I'm still standing better than I ever did?]
[Looking like a true survivor, feeling like a little kid]
[And I'm still standing after all this time
Picking up the pieces of my life without you on my mind]

As kai was singing happily ruby was getting the vibe as she was silently singing alone.

[I'm still standing. Yeah, yeah, yeah]

Ruby joined with kai, as they sing without the care for the world.

[Once I never could've hoped to win
You're starting down the road leaving me again]
[The threats you made were meant to cut me down]
[And if our love was just a circus you'd be a clown by now]ruby sang, as kai was playing the guitar, as she used her scroll as a microphone

[You know I'm still standing better than I ever did]
[Looking like a true survivor, feeling like a little kid]
[I'm still standing after all this time
Picking up the pieces of my life without you on my mind]

As unbeknownst to them, the rest of the team, just happened to stumbled to hear them as they peak from door as the slightly opened it as yang was holding her scroll to record it, as Dante was beside them smiling at his friend.

[I'm still standing. Yeah, yeah, yeah]

[Don't you know that I'm still standing better than I ever did?]
[Looking like a true survivor, feeling like a little kid]
[And I'm still standing after all this time
Picking up the pieces of my life without you on my mind]

they both sang, as the rest were tapping their feet at the beat, as the commotion attracted team jnpr as they peaked through to see the two sing as ren and Pyrrha were holding down a exited nora from ruining their happy singing.

[I'm still standing. Yeah, yeah, yeah]

I'm still standing. Yeah, yeah, yeah]

As the last syllables were sang, the rest of spectators, cannot hold themselves and joined in surprising the two, as kai was embarrassed as ruby face was deep crimson as she moved behind kai, as she knew that they heard their singing.

You guys, are really good singers" weiss praised whole heartedly as blake, ren and Pyrrha nodded at them, as was shocked at Kai's skill with the guitar.

As yang was hugging a beat red ruby, as she said that she will send the video towards their father, making ruby moved to take yang scroll from her, as yang was trying to not let ruby take it as she laughed.

As dante brought his arm over kai, as the latter looked at him with a dry look as he only smiled back. "Come on kai, sing for us!!"

A energetic nora said, as kai only looked back as he chuckled and looked at his friends as the rest of team adamas joined them as they partied creating great memories that they will remember in all their life.