III

➽──────────────❥

구름은 높아지고 적당히 습한 공기에

"So why do you go to the beach every day? Or on weekdays?" Sunghoon whispered.

They were in the library working on their presentation. They still had a lot of slides to go, so Sunghoon just talked to her while she hummed and replied with 'yes' or 'no'.

"Oh, uhm, just to relax, I guess," she awkwardly laughed while typing.

He hummed, "That can't be the only thing. Come on, you don't go for a memorial or something?" He said.

She shook her head, "Just for relaxation," she said, keeping it short and simple.

"Do you go for anything specific?" she questioned him.

He thought for a minute, "Uh, I... nah, not really. I just go there to play with Gauel, my dog," he said as she nodded slowly.

"How's the presentation going?" she questioned.

"Good. What about the script?" he questioned.

"It's going well, too," she shyly smiled, making him grin.

He started smirking after a little bit, "You're always so quiet. Speak up sometimes. I only see you in class texting your friends," he said, making her pause for a minute.

"I don't really... uh... I don't really know," she awkwardly laughed.

"Talking is good. I know a lot of people—well, boys—that would like to know you, but they're scared of you because, you know, your face is not really welcoming. Hopefully, it's not a diss," he stated.

She nodded, "I try not to rest my face. It's just my eyebrows naturally make me look like I'm angry 24/7," she replied.

"You have a twin sister, right?" he questioned, as she nodded.

"Yeojin," she said.

"You guys look exactly the same besides the resting face part. You guys are so pretty. You guys have the best genes, besides height," he joked on the last part.

She faked a laugh before writing on her paper again, "Yeah," she said.

"Hope I'm not annoying you. Tell me if I am," he said, furrowing his eyebrows.

"Oh no, you're not. It's killing time, at least," she smiled before going back to writing.

"Yeojin is more, you know, talkative. You guys are complete polar opposites," he laughed.

➽──────────────❥

"Tomorrow? Same time?"

"Yeah, you only have a couple of slides left, so I think it won't be as long as today," she said as he nodded.

He smiled at her, "I'll see you tomorrow in class! Drive safely," he said before going to her car.

She waved at him before going to her car as well, "I thought I would never escape that man," she sighed while opening her door.

Isajake over party😻🙏

Yejinpage;
GOOGLE!
HOW TO NOT BE AWKWARD

Tsukiver_:
YEJIN WHAT HAPPENED!?

Isa.jpeg:
Her crisis again...

Mayuplsshutup:
Did you talk more than a hour?
you usually cry 30 minutes in a random convo

Yejinpage;
MAYU STFU!?
i had to talk w Sunghoon bro

Isa.jpeg:
Did he tell u Jake likes me
and he's playing hard to get

Yejinpage;
To jail u go.
NO!

Mayuplsshutup:
LMAOAO DELULU

Isa.jpeg:
FAWK YALL!!!

Tsukiver_:
YEJIN WHAT HAPPENED!?
THO

Yejinpage:
we had our presentation to
work on so we went to the library
he was talking to me for three hours
Into the first 15 minutes
I wanted to tell him bye

Isa.jpeg:
Yejin....

Tsukiver_:
He prob asked good questions
ur just scared to talk

Yejinpage:
SIGHHHH
i mean he wasn't annoying
It's just I hate talking  (to randos)

Mayuplsshutup:
U were scared of all of us
it took like months for u to
actually speak full sentences

Yejinpage:
BOOOO
🍅🍅

Tsukiver_:
Yejin...I can't keep saving u
You're in college babes...
we're out of highschool
welcome to the real world where u have to
associate w ppl

Yejinpage:
WTV
Im abt to drive home
Ttyl...

She sighed before putting her phone down and driving down the road to her dorm that she barley visits.

                 ➽──────────────❥

"Are you finally moving out of here?" her roommate Ningning said, getting off of her boyfriend's lap as Yejin walked in.

Yejin sighed. "Well, Ning, I'm not out of college, so another year and we're only sophomores. After this year, hopefully, we'll be out of the dorms," Yejin replied.

Ningning sighed loudly. "What's the point of having a dorm if you only sleep in it two times a week? Like, go live with your mother or something," Ningning said, making Yejin pause before going into her room.

"Ning, what the actual fuck? You know my mom is gone! The only reason why you want me out of here is so you and him can fuck like some goddamn rabbits," Yejin cursed as Ningning walked closer to the girl.

"Bitch, you're just jealous you don't have a boyfriend. What, are you not getting laid? Is that why you're mad? If you go to the club, I'm sure you'll find yourself somebody instead of going to that lame-ass beach talking to your mother. You're a dumbass. She can't hear you from the fucking ocean. Are you insane?" Ningning laughed in her face, pushing her backwards as Yejin's back hit the door.

Yejin looked at her in shock. Around the end of freshman year in college, Ningning started hating her for no reason.

"You're disgusting," Yejin whispered before going into her room and slamming the door in her face.

Yejin sighed before crying silently to herself. She turned her phone on but was faced with a black screen with a battery with red.

She groaned before reaching for her charger that was placed on her desk. "Fucking asshole," she whispered to herself, still worked up about the situation.

After charging her phone, she let out a breath of air. She would have to go out and take a shower soon enough. She looked at the door before shaking her head and getting under the covers.

"I'll take one when they're both gone," she said as tears still came down her face before closing her eyes.