XXXIII

➽──────────────❥

변하던 새벽까지

"Is it anything serious?" Yejin asked as the doctor walked into the room.

She smiled and said, "We're going to collect a urine sample from you, okay? It's to determine whether you're pregnant or not." The doctor smiled.

Yejin's heart dropped.

"O-okay," she said, taking the test from the doctor before going into the bathroom.

She sighed, looking at herself in the mirror after peeing. "Please, please don't be positive," she whispered, observing the urine in the sample container. She then exited the bathroom and handed it to the doctor.

After a while, the doctor returned, smiling at Yejin. "Well, it looks like you're about to become a future mommy!" she exclaimed with a grin.

Yejin froze. "Hehe, yeah," she weakly smiled.

"Well, we'll need you to come for regular checkups and ultrasounds now. You can schedule your appointments at the front desk. Congratulations, Miss Im!" the doctor said, beaming, before leaving the room.

"Holy fuck," Yejin exclaimed, freaking out. "God, help me," she whispered, trembling, before leaving the room.

                      ➽──────────────❥

"Are you sure you're not coming, Yejin?" Isa questioned while putting on her earrings.

Yejin looked up, feeling guilty. "I don't feel well. I'm so sorry," Yejin apologized.

The girls nodded slowly. "We love you so much. See you later, Yejin," Tsuki spoke before leaving.

Yejin frowned. "This really sucks. This is the only time I wish for my period," she said.

She checked her phone and saw Sunghoon's name. She pouted before answering.

"Hello?" she answered.

"You're not coming?" he questioned.

She sighed. "I-I'm too sick, Hoon. I wanted to, but I can't, baby," she spoke guiltily.

He hummed. "Well, I'll miss you, baby. I promise to come see you afterward," he spoke.

She nodded as tears fell down her eyes. "I miss you too," she sniffed. "I hope you have fun," she cried.

He furrowed his eyebrows. "Baby, don't cry. It's not your fault you're sick. It'll be alright, okay?" he reassured her.

"I'm sorry," she cried even more, but that sorry meant more.

"It'll be okay. Calm down, Yejin. Gosh, I want to drive to you, but Jake drove me, and he's drunk as hell right now," he spoke.

"It's alright. Have fun, though. Stay safe. I love you so much, so, so much," she whined.

He laughed. "I love you too, my crybaby. It won't be as much fun since you're not here," he spoke.

She smiled before hanging up and going to sleep—or rather, crying herself to sleep.

                      ➽──────────────❥

Yejin woke up to constant buzzing on her phone from a bunch of people, some of them also sending requests.

Half of them were saying, "Look on the soph page!"

Yejin's eyes widened as she searched for them but found nothing. She was confused before checking her block list and discovered that they were blocked. Sunghoon must have blocked them for her.

She sighed before unblocking them and tapping on their story. She saw videos of herself getting bullied, pushed around, stomped on, and spit on. She looked at them in horror, becoming too emotional for her own good.

She quickly got up and rushed to Ningning's dorm, banging on her door.

She was surprised to see Ningning actually at her dorm and not at the party.

Ningning looked at her and said, "I guess you saw the videos, hm? You should come in. Gaeul is here, so is Yujin. We didn't feel like partying tonight," she grinned.

"WHY WOULD YOU POST THOSE?!" Yejin yelled at her, tears streaming down her face. "Ning, you know how much I've been through. You want to tear me apart as soon as I feel happy for once, when I'm not depressed for once. But you have to fucking tear me down, all of you, as soon as I'm happy with Sunghoon or in general you guys had to fucking ruin it all!" she cried. "I'm even carrying his baby right now," she whispered. "I'm not ready, of course, but I'm so happy. It's with Sunghoon. He makes me so happy. Why are you taking my happiness away from me?" she cried even harder.

Gaeul and Yujin came to the door in shock. "You're what?" Gaeul questioned.

"I'm pregnant with his baby," Yejin said, looking up at them.

Ningning scoffed. "See, you're a fucking whore! You're in college getting pregnant?? What a fucking mistake!" She laughed and hit Yejin on the head and kicked her in the stomach.

"That's embarrassing, a college student getting pregnant? HAHAHSHA, so embarrassing. I mean, look at you. Would your mother like that? How you opened your legs and let yourself get pregnant?" Yujin said, dragging her, as he knee started bleeding.

Yejin just let it happen. After all, she thought to herself, she did deserve it.

"Maybe you should just get an abortion! The baby is going to look ugly if it has a mother like you," Gaeul laughed, burning Yejin's arms and stomach with a cigarette.

Ningning smiled. "Maybe you'll make it better by actually killing yourself this time! Guys, she tried killing herself once. She told me she was too much of a coward to keep hanging. Why don't you just end it all today and go with your mom? Like we give two fucks. No one will miss you. Who wants a slut around them anyway?" Ningning said, lifting Yejin's chin before yanking it back down. "Don't come banging on my door again, bitch. Those videos will stay up until the 24 hours are up," she scoffed before going back into her dorm, with the two girls laughing and following behind her.

Yejin weakly walked to her car and drove to the beach, sending Sunghoon a couple of voice messages before she arrived.

She got out of her car and went to the edge of the shore. "Mom," she whispered, tears streaming down her face. "I'm sorry, Mom," she cried.

She looked at the bracelet on her wrist, smiling before kissing it. "Thank you, Hoon. I'm sorry I couldn't be with you or our baby," she whispered.

She stepped further into the water, letting the waves take her, finally trying to grant her wish to be with her mom.