XVII

➽──────────────❥

나누던 너와 나의 소소한 얘기

"Can you please just talk to me?" Yejin asked Sunghoon.

He had been giving her the silent treatment the whole time.

He glanced at her, then returned his gaze to the menu.

The waitress approached. "What would you guys like to eat on this lovely afternoon?" she asked, smiling at the two of them.

They both placed their orders before falling back into silence.

"Did he text you last night?" Sunghoon asked Yejin.

She tilted her head. "Pardon me?" she replied.

He looked up at her. "Did he text you last night?" he asked again.

"No, he didn't, so you can stop being silent, Sunghoon," she said.

He shrugged. "You should've texted him. You're his first love. I'm sure your little Binnie would love his beautiful girl to text him," he said, blinking his eyes mockingly.

"You're insane. Are you mad because of that?" she laughed, shaking her head.

"I'm trying to figure out how you can still call your ex 'Binnie' and can't even simply call me 'Hoon.' You still talk to him as if you guys love each other," he rolled his eyes.

She scoffed. "It's just a nic-"

"It's not just a nickname," he interrupted her.

"Sunghoon, I don't see why it's such a big deal! Stop making a big deal out of me interacting with him. He's just a friend," she said, annoyed.

He scoffed. "Sure, 'Binnie' is just a friend, an ex-boyfriend friend," he said sarcastically, smiling.

"You can be friends with your ex. We broke up on good terms. We're literally friends," she tried to reason, but he shook his head.

"Are you telling me you can be friends with someone you used to basically fuck with, share your feelings with, kiss, and more?" he said angrily.

She was taken aback by his words. "Yes, easily, you can," she said.

"Okay, then how would you like it if I randomly started texting a fling?" he questioned.

She groaned loudly. "Sunghoon, I don't see your problem. I really don't. You're mad for no goddamn reason, literally," she said, stressed out.

"You said if it weren't for college, you guys would still be together. You're literally implying that you would still be with him, Yejin. Your smile always changes to a genuine smile when you see him. It's like I'm not even existing when you see him," Sunghoon lashed out at her.

Yejin looked across the table at him. "You're too jealous, way too jealous, Sunghoon. It's so fucking embarrassing," she said, looking out of the restaurant window.

"Are you still in love with Wonbin?" he questioned, making her turn her head toward him quickly.

"What ar-"