XXI

➽──────────────❥

깊고 까만 너의

"So you're Yejin?" Sunghoon's dad spoke to Yejin.

She nodded, "Yes, sir. Im Yejin," she bowed her head as he hummed.

Sunghoon smiled at her, "She's Yeojin's sister. You've seen Yeojin before, Dad. You know Sungchan's girlfriend," he spoke.

"Ahhh, Sungchan's girlfriend's sister," his dad said, and she and Sunghoon nodded.

"How did you meet Sunghoon?" his mom questioned.

"We've been in the same classes since sophomore year of high school, but we didn't start speaking until this year," she replied, smiling at her.

She hummed, "You look so familiar. What's your family name again?" his mom questioned.

"Im," Yejin replied.

"What are your parents' names?" she asked her again.

Yejin looked at Sunghoon before looking back at his parents, "Im Jinyoung, and Im Yerim," she nodded.

"Yerim! Ahh, that's right! I used to work with your mom," his mom smiled.

Yejin smiled widely, "That's cool to know!" she laughed.

"I met you when you were little with Yeojin. I remember your mom being pregnant with you guys. Also, I'm sorry for your loss, by the way. You've grown into the prettiest woman! You're so gorgeous! Yerim sure did raise you guys well, and so did your father," his mom spoke.

Yejin smiled and nodded, "Thank you so much! You two raised a good son too, and he's really handsome as well," she said, laughing at the last part.

"Oh my goodness!" his mom shrieked. "I just remembered when you guys were little, it was 'bring your kid to work' day! Sunghoon, you and Yejin have a childhood photo together! It's somewhere in the boxes in the attic," she spoke as Yejin and Sunghoon's eyes widened in shock.

"I'm back- oh, who is this?" A girl similar to Sunghoon came in the door, taking her shoes off.

"Yeji, this is Sunghoon's girlfriend!" his mom smiled.

Yeji hummed, "Sunghoon can bag pretty girls like that? Didn't know he had it in him," she commented, making Yejin snicker.

"Yeji, be nice for once!" their dad scolded her lightly.

"What's your name?" she questioned.

Yejin smiled, "It's similar to yours. My name is Yejin," she grinned.

Yeji smiled back, "I already love you! If Sunghoon ever cheats or breaks your heart, just know I will hide your murder pooks," Yeji winked, making Yejin laugh.

"Your brother is too sweet to break hearts, but I'll keep that in mind," Yejin replied as everyone laughed.

➽──────────────❥

"Your family is so cool," Yejin smiled, leaning on his shoulder.

He hummed, "I'm happy you think positively of them. Yeji already likes you more than me," he said, making her laugh.

"She's so sweet! I definitely want to have a girls' night out with her," Yejin smiled.

He nodded, "Can I join?" he questioned.

"Hoon, did you not just hear what I said? It's a girls' night, not a girls plus Sunghoon night out," she replied, shaking her head.

He pouted, "Me, your dad, and Sungchan will hang out," he rolled his eyes, making her giggle.

"My dad and Sungchan hang out a lot. He would love to have you," she spoke.

"It's funny, isn't it?" he said randomly.

She hummed, "What's funny?" she questioned.

"We have an invisible string. We took a picture without even knowing each other, and our moms knew each other too. That's just crazy," he smiled.

"Yeah... that's funny and scary," she replied.

"Your mom put you in my life for a reason then," he spoke.

She looked and smiled at him, "She did. I'm positive she did," she grinned, grabbing his cheeks and pressing a peck on his lips.

He smiled back before hugging her, "Mmh, my pretty girl," he said, making her laugh and hug him back.

➽──────────────❥

"Hey, Yejin, you're glowing, aren't you!" Minjeong smiled as she walked behind her.

Yejin looked behind her and questioned, "What do you mean?"

Minjeong shrugged and laughed, "I don't know how you can be with someone who has been in bed with so many people in your classes."

"That was in the past. Half of those rumors are untrue," Yejin replied.

"But it doesn't change the fact that he did it. I'm surprised you're the one who changed him," Minjeong smiled at her.

Yejin scoffed, suddenly feeling a boost of confidence. "Is bullying me something you find entertaining? You and the rest of the girls? What's so damn interesting about me that you feel the need to follow me around like some kind of celebrity? Get a life," she laughed.

Minjeong's eyes widened as her smile dropped. "Are we getting bold now? Did Sunghoon change your personality? Since we're being so bold, I'll post videos or send videos of you to that Instagram page. Let's see who's getting bold now, bitch," Minjeong laughed.

Yejin's confidence vanished, and she stuttered, "W-What?"

"What? I thought you were bold, Yejin. What's the matter? Cat got your tongue?" Minjeong spoke, walking in front of her with a smirk.

"What?" Yejin asked, confused and shocked.

"What? You didn't expect me to be one of the people that run that page?" Minjeong smiled before rolling her eyes and walking away.

Yejin started breathing heavily, feeling scared for some reason. She had to crouch on the ground to collect herself before going to her next class, which was with Minjeong and Ningning.