XXII

➽──────────────❥

전부 계절이 품은 이야기

"I don't think that's the right answer," Yejin spoke to Sunghoon.

He side-eyed her. "Why don't you just tell me the answer?" he whispered.

"Because it's a test that you didn't study for, even though I told you last night on the phone that we should study together," she whispered back.

He pouted. "Unfair. You'll pay for this. I'll remember this, baby," he said, turning towards his paper.

She laughed a little bit, playing with her Apple Watch on her wrist. She had already turned in her paper.

He looked at her. "We should go shopping this afternoon," he whispered.

She looked at him. "Okay, but I was supposed to paint my nails with Yeji today," she whispered.

Sunghoon gasped, making some people look at him. "You're ditching me for her? I see how it is," he said, shaking his head.

She rolled her eyes. "We'll go shopping after class, and then I'll go to your house to spend the night... with Yeji," she said.

"Alright, wait, what? You're having a sleepover with her? Not me? What about my comfortable bed? What about my comfortable chest? I know my abs are distracting, but hey, you always lay your head on them," he said.

She almost burst out laughing at his reaction. "I'll watch a movie with her until she goes to sleep, then I'll go to your room," she said. He hummed and nodded.

"Alright, I'm done," he smiled at her.

She smiled back. "Good job!" she cheered quietly, making him giggle.

➽──────────────❥

"That's cute."

"I'll buy it."

She looked up at Sunghoon and said, "No, it's cute, not just for me, but in general. Plus, when did you get so rich?" She laughed at the last part.

"You never ask me to buy anything for you! It's boring. Let me spoil you at least," he pouted.

"I'm already spoiled just by dating you. That's enough for me, Hoonie," she said, kissing his cheek before going back down the aisle.

"Do you want to get a couple ring or necklace from the jewelry section?" he asked.

She nodded and replied, "Let's get both." They both made their way to the jewelry section.

His eyes immediately caught a necklace—it was a silver butterfly, but it was in half since it was magnetic to the one right next to it.

He tapped her shoulder and said, "Look at this one," pointing at the pretty butterfly.

"That's drop-dead gorgeous, Hoon, but the price-"

"Don't worry about the price. I've got it, so let's buy it," he spoke, cutting her off.

She nodded slowly and said, "Ariana Grande? I want it, I got it type shit," making him laugh.

"Pick out a ring," he said.

"I like those," she pointed.

It was a silver pair, and both rings had little silver hearts on them.

"I like it!" he said.

He paid for the jewelry before leaving the mall, hand in hand with her.

"They'll look so pretty on us," she said, walking to the car with a smile.

He grinned and said, "Let everyone know you're mine," wrapping his arm around her waist as she hummed.

➽──────────────❥

"Really?"

"Yeah, he's a freaking player!" Yeji groaned as Yejin painted her fingernails. Yeji had already painted and coated Yejin's nails, and they were already dry.

Yejin shook her head and asked, "What's his name again?"

"Han Yujin! That heartbreaker!" She pouted.

"Tell Yujin that he and I are going to have to fight! He can't be around here breaking my girl's heart," Yejin said, making Yujin laugh.

"It's whatever. Him and Lee Wonhee got together, which pisses me off because Wonhee and I were friends. But she betrayed me and got with him, knowing that he was literally talking to me like we were so close to the dating stage," she sighed.

Yejin shook her head and said, "You can't trust anyone as your friend. I learned that the hard way."

"What's your story on that?" Yeji questioned.

Yejin smiled at her and replied, "Last year, when I started college, I had a roommate named Ningning. We were literally inseparable, like friends for life, I thought. But out of nowhere, she started hanging out with other people and started hating me. Till this day, she still hates me and bullies me. All of her friends, like Hoon, join in on the bullying."

"I don't get the appeal of Hoon. I mean, of course, since he's my brother. But his looks shouldn't make people literally bully over it. I mean, what the fuck? Grow up! You're all grown and of legal drinking age. Why are they acting like preschoolers?" Yeji vented.

"Exactly!" Yejin exclaimed while applying the top coat. "There are plenty of fish in the sea anyway," Yejin shrugged.

Yejin and Yeji continued talking as Yeji's nails dried. They then put on a movie and went to sleep, but only Yeji fell asleep.

Yejin smiled at her sleeping figure before quietly leaving the room to go to Sunghoon's room.

She opened his door to find him scrolling on his phone and said, "Hey," smiling at him.

He looked up from his phone, smiling back, and put his phone down. "I missed you. I can't believe my sister stole you away from me for a few hours. Augh," he groaned, making her laugh.

"I had a good time with her. She's really cool. I felt like my high school self talking to her, which is a good thing," she told him as he nodded.

"Yeji wishes she had at least a sister or something, so I'm happy you're in her life now because I know she can't go to mom for everything," he said.

"Yeah," Yejin said, climbing into his bed next to him. "God, I love your bed," she sighed.

"Wow, you love my bed more than me! Nice to know that," he said, rolling his eyes.

Yejin scoffed and laughed, "Sassy man apocalypse got to you," making him laugh.

"I wouldn't be so sassy if my girlfriend didn't appreciate my bed more than me. You love my bed more than me," he pouted.

She sighed and said, "I love you, Park Sunghoon," pecking his lips.

She was about to pull back, but he pulled her back in to deepen the kiss.

He pulled away, breathing heavily, and said, "That's a real kiss. I'm tired of your pecks," he grinned.

"Oh," she said, blushing.

He smirked at her reaction and said, "Yejin, why are you so shy all of a sudden? We've had full-on makeouts before we even dated," he questioned.

She shrugged and replied, "There's a difference between making out and giving genuine kisses."

He nodded and said, "You're right. So let's give each other genuine kisses and not just pecks. We're in love, not just crushing on each other."

She nodded and said, "Let's go to bed. I'll genuinely kiss you tomorrow," pecking the side of his lips before getting under the covers.

"I'll let this one slide, but later on, no," he said, bringing her closer to him and wrapping his arms around her waist as they drifted into dreamland.