IX

➽──────────────❥

한낮의 해를 닮은 너의 마음

"Hey, pretty," Sunghoon said before sitting in the always-empty seat right next to her.

She took out her AirPod and furrowed her eyebrows. "Sunghoon, the project is over, you know?" she said, looking at him.

Sunghoon shrugged. "I don't care. It's kinda boring up there anyway. You sitting in the back has so many benefits," he winked at her.

"And what are these benefits-"

"Sunghoon! You moved seats today," a girl said, pouting and leaning towards him.

He rolled his eyes. "Gaeul, your seat is up there. Why are you back here?" he questioned.

"Because my soon-to-be boyfriend is back here," she giggled, making Yejin feel a little annoyed.

"Gaeul, I told you to stop calling me that-"

Gaeul interrupted him. "You're the same bitch that was next to Sunghoon at the party. Didn't we beat you up enough to back away?" Gaeul laughed while questioning Yejin.

Yejin didn't say anything, but oh my gosh, Sunghoon was angry. "You did what?" Sunghoon said, raising his eyebrows.

"Did you not go back with her? She got her ass beat for being with you," Gaeul smiled.

"I swear to-"

"Sunghoon, calm down," Yejin finally spoke.

Sunghoon looked at Yejin before taking a deep breath. "You have so many seconds to get out of my face," he said to her.

"I love you too!" Gaeul blew a kiss before sitting next to Chaehyun.

Sunghoon looked at Yejin. "Why did you lie to me?" he whispered.

Yejin felt so stupid, so dumb. His words kept replaying and replaying until she spoke. "I'm sorry," she said.

"Come with me to a party tomorrow, and I'll stay by your side the whole fucking time."

"Sungh-"

"I promise," he said.

➽──────────────❥

And he stayed true to his words. Here they were, side by side in the kitchen. Yejin drank a lot while Sunghoon just watched her.

"Let's go out and dance," he said.

She sighed before nodding. He took her hand and led her to the real party.

Ningning and her made eye contact. Ningning stopped whatever conversation she was having before walking over to where Yejin and Sunghoon were.

Sunghoon was talking to Yejin, but she wasn't listening. She kissed him so fast that he forgot to kiss back for a couple of seconds.

She wrapped her arms around his neck, bringing him closer as he grabbed her waist tightly, making her whine a bit.

She doesn't know if it was the alcohol in her system making the kiss better or what.

She opened her eyes to see Ningning rolling her eyes before turning back around.