four.

Tamika

Tamika

My thumb hovered over the send button as I started to feel anxious about dm'ing Kandi. I really didn't want to do this but Trina wouldn't let me get away with not doing it because I already promised her I would.

The anxiety of what to say or how to say it was starting to get to me. I knew I was an asshole before but I felt I had good reason to act that way.

She hurt me and I never let go of the hurt so all of this was just bringing up past memories that I've tried my hardest to forget over the years.

'Alright fuck it.' I thought to myself as I finally closed my eyes and hit send on the message before throwing my phone onto the couch.

: Hey. I wouldn't mind talking I guess I just needed to calm down.

I decided to focus my attention onto my TV so I didn't obsess over if she would text me back or not.

Five minutes passed and just when I was about to grab my phone to unsend the message it chimed. I grabbed it immediately seeing she messaged me back. Of course I had to one up her so I waited ten minutes to open the message and respond.

KandiBurruss: I'd love to talk just text me now when and where: 470-887-3871

: Alright I'll text you.

Well that was easier then I thought. I put her number into my phone and saved the contact before texting her.

: Hey, it's Tamika. If you don't mind we could have dinner at my restaurant any time this week around 8.

Kandi: Perfect. I thought I was going to have to order food through a fake name if I ever wanted to eat there.
- But how's Saturday?

: Lol & that's perfect I'll see you then

'Kandi' liked 'Lol & that's perfect I'll see you then'

After I finished texting Kandi I sent a screenshot to Trina because I didn't want any problems with her for not following through with her demand.

After I texted her I started thinking about this dinner and realized Saturday was in two days. I wasn't sure if I was nervous or maybe excited.

I mean I didn't know what to expect but I knew I was going to be more compliant this time. I had to admit I didn't seriously want to sue her.

I guess I just wanted to see her sweat a little or maybe I just wanted to see her. I couldn't deny that the feelings I had for her resurfaced after seeing her earlier.

I never doubted that they wouldn't because she's always taken up space in my mind. I loved her at one point and a love like that didn't just go away.